Losing Weight and Building Muscles

Options
Scar1994
Scar1994 Posts: 7 Member
edited August 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone
51 days ago me weight was 224 lb today I am 188 lb.
I was wondering if it is know the right time to gain some muscles, if so what a good macros would be?

Here is a little bit info about my diet and exercise:
Now I am doing 1400 calories diet 30% Carb, 50% protein 20% fat.
And I have been exercising for 2 hours and drinking 4 litter of water everyday.

My goal weight is 175 lb with a good amount of muscles.

Thank you people

Replies

• Scar1994
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Edit
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    36lbs in 51 days? That doesn’t sound wise nor sustainable. You would have lost muscle mass as well as you lost it so quickly so I imagine your deficit was quite big.
  • Scar1994
    Options
    36lbs in 51 days? That doesn’t sound wise nor sustainable. You would have lost muscle mass as well as you lost it so quickly so I imagine your deficit was quite big.

Yes it was, the bright side, I feel much better now. Since I started lifting(25 days ago) I gained some muscles and losing weight progress was slower.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options

I wouldn't say it's 'unsustainable'. I'd more accurately describe it as 'impossible'

1lbs loss = 3500 calorie deficit
    36lbs loss = 126,000 calories
    36lbs loss (126,000 cal deficit) over 51 days = 2470 deficit each day.

Assuming calorie burn of an average man being approx 2500 cal per day the OP would have to exist on 30 calories of food per day (not the 1400 claimed)

So yeah, basically the math doesn't add up.
  • alung2k3
    alung2k3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's a marathon not a sprint bro. But to answer your question combine weights with the fat loss and up the calories.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    Assuming calorie burn of an average man being approx 2500 cal per day the OP would have to exist on 30 calories of food per day (not the 1400 claimed)

So yeah, basically the math doesn't add up.

If he's working out 2 hours a day he's gaining calories to eat beyond the initial "2500." Still not considered healthy nor advisable, but it's definitely not impossible.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I did some calculations from the TV series Thintervention where people who had help with weight loss, the average percentage loss per week was equal to weight (kg) divided by 60. These people didn't have a job to go to so they could exercise as much as they wanted. OPs loss seems within the numbers in the show, or close enough.

If you can get hold of the show (it's from around ~2010) I'd certainly suggest it.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    If that deficit is anywhere near where you say it is, it is impossible to "build" muscle. It is nearly impossible to build muscle on any kind of deficit at all unless you are a newbie, but even then the deficit would need to be small. Muscle is built with surplus (you have to have the bricks to build the house).

As others have said, lifting weights won't help to stop feeling weak. Eating enough calories to sustain body function does that.

Doing the activities you claim to be doing with a deficit as high as you claim is not only not terribly credible, it would be dangerous.