a fresh start

Options
I've been a member of MFP for a long time, but I'm just now coming back and taking it very seriously. I always said to myself, "I'm only a little bit overweight... I haven't even hit ___ lbs." The number kept going up until I finally hit a rather-depressing 250lbs, which weighs heavily (haha) on my 5'4" frame and has caused a fairly significant amount of stress on my joints (I had to walk with a cane for 6 months after a knee injury caused primarily by my weight). I'm 28 years old and I am so out of shape it's embarrassing. I travel extensively, and I find it increasingly frustrating that I can't keep up with my friends on walking tours and other such adventures. It's finally time for me to get serious and make a real change.

I've lost significant amounts of weight in the past (over 40lbs on Weight Watchers back in college), but my lifestyle over the past 7 years (living overseas with limited food choices) has made weight loss difficult and my weight has steadily risen to this all-time high. Now that I am living in America again, I feel like I have many more choices for weight loss help, even just in the variety of foods available.

My strategy this time is to use MFP as a tracker (and motivator, I hope!) with the SlimQuick fat burner supplement as a jump start (I only plan on using it for a month) to spur me on to healthier eating habits. My parents are taking this journey with me and already we are eating and feeling much better. I am hoping that losing the weight will also help me avoid some of the health issues that run in my family, such as heart disease and diabetes. I've seen my father struggle with it for many years, and I don't want that to be me!

All that to say this: I am excited and nervous about making this lifestyle change, and I hope all the awesome people here at MFP can help motivate me! :)