Took two years to focus on me..

Options
Dra0i
Dra0i Posts: 43 Member
edited August 2019 in Success Stories
I’ve been away.. from social media and this app for over two years now. I got pretty overweight (5’ 10” 225lbs) and my girlfriend ended up leaving me after 8 years together because of it, because I was so miserable with myself and I wasn’t able to make her happy any longer... it was my own fault. After all, how can you be the best for someone else if you can’t even do the best things for yourself? After this happened I fell into depression. Finally after months I’d pulled myself out of it and decided it’s time to move on, to make a change. Id deciding what I needed to do is focus on nothing but work and focus on my health and getting back to a happier me, a me that I can be proud of. I’m a single man now that is miserable and stuck in a dead end job in a small city with no opportunities and now no family or friends. I got sick of it.. and that’s what it takes. You have to get so sick and tired of being unhappy that you decide to make a change. I worked my butt off at my job for 6 months and saved every penny I could. Once I had enough I moved to a larger city with more opportunities and less painful memories that also just so happened to be full of open minded, progressive individuals. After a year and a half of putting myself first, deciding I want to really try and change, opening my mind to new things and deciding I need to CHOOSE to have a positive attitude and outlook on life and stop being afraid to fail.. I began asking my friends about for help. I asked about dieting. My healthy friends, they suggested meal plans. Which I said yes to. They offered to work out with me. Which I said yes to. I failed 1000 times at 1000 different things but kept working. Slowly I saw progress. With consistency and patience.. I lost 55lbs, not only lost the weight but got into pretty good shape as well. I’m currently 172lbs. Pretty muscular and I feel infinitely better and happy. When this all started I was 225lbs. Everyday I make the conscious decision to be happy and not let anyone’s negativity effect me. My life is amazing and I know yours can be too!! I wanted to come back and share my progress with you guys. I still have some friends here and I’m glad to see them doing well!! Keep it up. Also I just wanna say this worked for me. It’s what I needed, the moving and everything may not work for others. My situation was such that I needed to leave the area to make myself happy. Once I took that leap I was able to take the next. For me it started there. Yours may not be the case but I would love to share the meal plans and workouts the led me to where I am now!

Replies

• Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Awesome job! You look amazing! But even better is you feel amazing. I honestly look more like the before picture of you at this point, but I’m trying really hard to work on me. I just rejoined the gym. But I have to get over the fear of failing - like you said. I was in good shape my entire life until I had children 15 years ago. I never lost the last 30 pounds, and every time I tried I failed. It was a big blow to my self-esteem and my belief in myself. I loved how you said you failed 1000 times but kept trying. That was inspirational. Thank you for sharing.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing job!! You look years younger and so much happier. Thank you for sharing.
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow sexy I bet your ex wants you back know lol
  • superfood75
    superfood75 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!Congrats!:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!