Options
2»

Replies

• igutt
    igutt Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    igutt wrote: »
    I don’t know how to reply so I’ll just do it this way

Lilly’s response: Yesterday I ate 6 boiled eggs, 3 for breakfast and 3 for dinner and for lunch I ate a bit of rice and beans and that hardly is any calories I still gained 0.1 kg

Harebelle’s response: its been 14 days or so since my most recent injury so I think I’m ready to start training lightly and picking up the pace later on

And I don’t take any pain relief meds and I do want to lose weight but I’m not planning on eating less because I already don’t eat much I think my metabolism has crashed from being inactive for so long

This sounds like a weight fluctuation to me not actual weight gain and it's concerning to me that you're both eating so little and seemingly using water weight fluctuations to justify it. If that's what's going on, it's not healthy.

Are you keeping your weigh-ins consistent (same time of day, same conditions) and not doing anything silly like moving your scale all over the house, weighing after you eat or at different times of the day, etc.?

That was an example and Ive been gaining weight or not loosing it while I have no appetite for more than 2 weeks now
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I’m a 21 year old male and I’m 5,7 i weigh 91.6 kilos and that’s 200+ pounds

After suffering multiple injuries my activity level has gone down a lot and I have no appetite some days I can’t even eat 1000 calories

What should I do in this case?

Go see a doctor/nutritionist and get physio.
  • igutt
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    While you are waiting to see the doctor please drink something like Ensure a couple of times a day in addition to your meager rations.

I don’t think i need a doctor tho because this has happened before whenever I get injured I become a lazy potato and if it affects me mentally then it affects my sleep and appetite as well but this time I got injured while trying to recover from another injury so that has annoyed me a lot

Ok so maybe I should not be a little annoyed but your OP had this in it:

So which is it? Are you just going to do what you have always done or try to improve on your situation? Why would you trust a bunch of internet weirdos to give you medical advice that you should probably be getting from... you know... someone qualified?

You have a medical problem. It is not the same thing as asking for a recipe for a good bearnaise sauce.

If you are getting injured often enough for this to be a trend it is at least a good assumption that your poor eating habits are a contributing factor.

See a doctor and get tested. Ask for a referral for a registered dietitian. While you are waiting drink something like ensure and log your food so the RD can review your actual eating and point out any gaps in your nutrition.

I live in the Middle East and our “professionals” are not so professional at least in my city
  • igutt
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Lilly’s response: Yesterday I ate 6 boiled eggs, 3 for breakfast and 3 for dinner and for lunch I ate a bit of rice and beans and that hardly is any calories I still gained 0.1 kg

Harebelle’s response: its been 14 days or so since my most recent injury so I think I’m ready to start training lightly and picking up the pace later on

And I don’t take any pain relief meds and I do want to lose weight but I’m not planning on eating less because I already don’t eat much I think my metabolism has crashed from being inactive for so long

This sounds like a weight fluctuation to me not actual weight gain and it's concerning to me that you're both eating so little and seemingly using water weight fluctuations to justify it. If that's what's going on, it's not healthy.

Are you keeping your weigh-ins consistent (same time of day, same conditions) and not doing anything silly like moving your scale all over the house, weighing after you eat or at different times of the day, etc.?

That was an example and Ive been gaining weight or not loosing it while I have no appetite for more than 2 weeks now

The possible reasons for weight gain over such a short period like 2 weeks have been explained - water weight. Especially considering you are recovering from injuries - your body often retains water to aid the healing process.

If you have had no appetite for 2 weeks and are eating very low calories, you need to do one of two things:
    1. If you are just lazily eating very little because you don't feel like eating, take control and eat a healthy amount of food. Sometimes we feel hungry when we've eaten enough food, sometimes we're not hungry when we've not eaten enough food. Part of being a functioning adult is making sure we are doing the minimum things we need to in order to get through the day, whether we feel like it or not: brush our teeth, put on pants, put the dishes in the dishwasher, pay the rent, feed ourselves an appropriate amount of food.
    2. If you are physically or psychologically incapable of eating more food, go to a doctor. Now.

ETA: Lack of appetite can go hand in hand with depression. If you think that might be part of the problem, talking to a professional can help. Many of us find our weight issues are intertwined with our mental health.

I’ve been a little depressed so that might be it
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

The possible reasons for weight gain over such a short period like 2 weeks have been explained - water weight. Especially considering you are recovering from injuries - your body often retains water to aid the healing process.

If you have had no appetite for 2 weeks and are eating very low calories, you need to do one of two things:
    1. If you are just lazily eating very little because you don't feel like eating, take control and eat a healthy amount of food. Sometimes we feel hungry when we've eaten enough food, sometimes we're not hungry when we've not eaten enough food. Part of being a functioning adult is making sure we are doing the minimum things we need to in order to get through the day, whether we feel like it or not: brush our teeth, put on pants, put the dishes in the dishwasher, pay the rent, feed ourselves an appropriate amount of food.
    2. If you are physically or psychologically incapable of eating more food, go to a doctor. Now.

ETA: Lack of appetite can go hand in hand with depression. If you think that might be part of the problem, talking to a professional can help. Many of us find our weight issues are intertwined with our mental health.

If it would be difficult in your area for you to see a professional, try to focus on doing the basic things you need to do to take good care of yourself. Is there someone you trust you would feel comfortable talking to about this? Just tell them exactly what you've told us - you're feeling down, you haven't been eating, dealing with injuries, you are frustrated with your weight, and you could use a hand. It's sometimes surprising how willing people are to help when we actually ask :smile:
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

If it would be difficult in your area for you to see a professional, try to focus on doing the basic things you need to do to take good care of yourself. Is there someone you trust you would feel comfortable talking to about this? Just tell them exactly what you've told us - you're feeling down, you haven't been eating, dealing with injuries, you are frustrated with your weight, and you could use a hand. It's sometimes surprising how willing people are to help when we actually ask :smile:

Great idea! You're very young, OP. You shouldn't be getting injured so easily and often. It's good that you are aware that you need to improve your health now and not let it go so seek out help from people who are qualified and helpful.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Take advantage of the situation that exists. It may not be the ideal situation, but it is what exists NOW. Take lemons and make lemonade.
    Start logging every single thing you eat. It’s good practice and won’t hurt your injuries. It will give you a starting place to build a healthy diet on.
    Read up on a healthy overall diet. Read up on healthy overall exercise. Learn what different exercises are best for.

A hint about no appetite.
    Eat a small piece of candy. In about 15 or 20 minutes, you should have a small sugar crash and be a little hungry.
    Learn from that, too.

At your age, you’re going to be dealing with food and exercise for a long time. Educate yourself now so it will be a long and HEALTHY life!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    While you are waiting to see the doctor please drink something like Ensure a couple of times a day in addition to your meager rations.

I don’t think i need a doctor tho because this has happened before whenever I get injured I become a lazy potato and if it affects me mentally then it affects my sleep and appetite as well but this time I got injured while trying to recover from another injury so that has annoyed me a lot

Ok so maybe I should not be a little annoyed but your OP had this in it:

So which is it? Are you just going to do what you have always done or try to improve on your situation? Why would you trust a bunch of internet weirdos to give you medical advice that you should probably be getting from... you know... someone qualified?

You have a medical problem. It is not the same thing as asking for a recipe for a good bearnaise sauce.

If you are getting injured often enough for this to be a trend it is at least a good assumption that your poor eating habits are a contributing factor.

See a doctor and get tested. Ask for a referral for a registered dietitian. While you are waiting drink something like ensure and log your food so the RD can review your actual eating and point out any gaps in your nutrition.

I live in the Middle East and our “professionals” are not so professional at least in my city

How are you getting treated for your current injuries? Isn't there anyone you can go to be tested for deficiencies to help give you a clue?

Keep in mind that a poor eating habit can also be a contributing factor in depression.

You are undereating and you seem to be concerned about scale results at a very odd time.
  • igutt
    Options

I have talked to someone about it and i know it’ll go soon it’s not something that stays with me for a long time and thank you for taking the time and trying to help