Diet and fitness fatigue

Options
Diet and fitness fatigue

I have been maintaining approximately five years. (I’ve lost over 100 pounds)
I distance run and lift. I feel Ike I’m pounding myself into the ground. I have no energy to get through the rest of the day. I work out three to four times a week, I do different types of cardio for an hour. lifting days. Forty-five mins to an hour. Saturdays twice a month are long runs.

I maintain in the 130’s I give myself a ten-pound bounce range to maintain. When the scale goes up I go back to 1000/1200 calories low carb to drop weight. Maintaining I eat about 1300 more other days. Still low carb (I’m a type 1 diabetic)

I’ve reached my weight goal and distance running goals (5K,10K, half and full marathon) Now I’m questioning why am I doing all this at my age? *laughing*

I’m taking a solid week or more off dieting and I’m not going to the gym. I need to reevaluate my goals.

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    Diet and fitness fatigue

I have been maintaining approximately five years. (I’ve lost over 100 pounds)
    I distance run and lift. I feel Ike I’m pounding myself into the ground. I have no energy to get through the rest of the day. I work out three to four times a week, I do different types of cardio for an hour. lifting days. Forty-five mins to an hour. Saturdays twice a month are long runs.

I maintain in the 130’s I give myself a ten-pound bounce range to maintain. When the scale goes up I go back to 1000/1200 calories low carb to drop weight. Maintaining I eat about 1300 more other days. Still low carb (I’m a type 1 diabetic)

I’ve reached my weight goal and distance running goals (5K,10K, half and full marathon) Now I’m questioning why am I doing all this at my age? *laughing*

I’m taking a solid week or more off dieting and I’m not going to the gym. I need to reevaluate my goals.

You never mentioned your sleep habits which would be the most important thing for fatigue... well recovery in general is the most important thing IMO. A week off is always needed I do it twice a year when I go away with the wife! 100% wait until youre done and see how much stronger you are and feel!