Pizza calories?

Options
OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
Now that I am 10 pounds from my goal weight after losing 72 pounds I eat pizza every so often on Fridays. Tonight I had 4 slices of thin crust plain pizza but did not eat the crust. MFP has it as 508 calories, 70 carbs, 17.5 fat, and 24.5 protein. Oh I put down 3.5 slices to try to make up for the not eating crust. My question is do you think those numbers are right, or in the ballpark? Just curious question.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right to me. I find pizza is the most difficult food to log.

I'll never understand why people don't eat the crust, unless it's burnt. 😀
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    If you are just counting calories, then that will be fine for an estimate. If you were counting macros, the crust would be higher in carbs than the rest of the pizza, so it would throw your macros off a bit doing it that way. But it is good enough for an estimate.
  • OAS5
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Sounds about right to me. I find pizza is the most difficult food to log.

I'll never understand why people don't eat the crust, unless it's burnt. 😀
    MikePTY wrote: »
    If you are just counting calories, then that will be fine for an estimate. If you were counting macros, the crust would be higher in carbs than the rest of the pizza, so it would throw your macros off a bit doing it that way. But it is good enough for an estimate.

Thanks guys, I guess I'm doing it right then. It's just an estimate, I don't go absolutely crazy with getting numbers perfect. Just didn't want to be way off as it seems I am not.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Anytime you eat food that you didn't cook yourself, it's going to be an estimate. There is a LOT of guesswork involved in estimating pizza.

I would be inclined to say that at this point, you've lost a lot of weight and you know what you're doing. You're probably pretty good at estimating--at least, you've been really successful this far :) So I'd just keep counting your pizza night the way you have been, since it's working for you.

Just keep in mind that since you're really close to your goal, any errors in logging can make a bigger difference now than they did before. It's common at this point to only see the scale go down once every 4-6 weeks or so. If your weight stays stable longer than that, then your estimates could be too high.
  • OAS5
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Anytime you eat food that you didn't cook yourself, it's going to be an estimate. There is a LOT of guesswork involved in estimating pizza.

I would be inclined to say that at this point, you've lost a lot of weight and you know what you're doing. You're probably pretty good at estimating--at least, you've been really successful this far :) So I'd just keep counting your pizza night the way you have been, since it's working for you.

Just keep in mind that since you're really close to your goal, any errors in logging can make a bigger difference now than they did before. It's common at this point to only see the scale go down once every 4-6 weeks or so. If your weight stays stable longer than that, then your estimates could be too high.

Yeah I'm pretty good with estimating food calories. Through this entire losing weight thing I never tried to be absolutely perfect because I think that is kinda impossible anyway. Yeah I want it as close as possible but I did not want to drive myself nuts.
    With that pizza last night I was exactly the same on the scale today. My goal is to see 199 on the scale at some point this week even though I'm on vacation so it might be a bit tougher. At least by Friday I want to see 199. Goal is 190. Oh and yes its about 4-6 weeks before I see drops on the scale. That can throw you off but you just gotta push through, forge ahead and you WILL see results.
    Great post, thank you.