snacking while cooking

Options
lwdllc
lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
This is a HUGE problem for me, I LOVE cooking, especially for parties. I can get strapped on to the wagon and be religious about my 1220-1500 calorie a day routine as long as I don't have to prepare food for a potluck or a party. I always try to pick healthy options for these anyway, so munching on an italian chopped salad IS a better option than swedish meatballs, but I just cannot seem to stop myself from oversized samplings of whatever dish I am making. I try to say "its not in my meal plan for the day, or it is but LATER" these tactics do not seem to work. My foodie self just says "GO FOR IT!!! Maybe another helping too~!"

Has anyone else over come this before? I love to cook and I realize tasting is necessary, but INDULGING is not!!!!

I'm not even hungry to begin with!

Replies

• brianx99
    brianx99 Posts: 30
    Options
    since you're pretty consistent with in-taking 1220-1500 calories a day indulging once in a while is not a bad thing at all, as a matter of fact, i encourage it! :) it's not like you have parties every week (i'm assuming).
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Remember when coming. Your tasting for proper seasoning, doneness, etc. That's it.
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    When I am entertaining (which I do a lot!), almost the only time I find to eat is while preparing the foods. Yes I have to taste things here and there to decide if I'm happy w/the dish, but that second piece or spoonful is usually just because I really wanted it. I usually have no appetite when my guests are here so I feel better about tracking a 1/2 portion of a few different dishes and I try to keep it as honest as possible. The good thing about being the cook is I know every ingredient and can reliably figure out the calories.