I Guess I am Not Alone

Options
I grew up in a home where Coffee accompanied w/ a Sweet, or Crackers & Cheese was the Thing. I managed to not only Detox from the Processed foods, it’s the darn Crackers, or the Cookie, or whatever that’s my issue. No Chocolate in the House, no Chips, no Sweet Cookies...I’ve brought my Pre-Diabetes results completely down. So what is it with the not being able to just have a cup of Java. I’ve even given up stopping at Starbucks for the Cup and Madeline’s as a spur of the moment thing. Hilarious I know. I just may have to give up the Coffee all together.

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Here is a video of a bit of classical conditioning at play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTWopzBJFyY
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I am the same with a cup of tea. It needs a biscuit or a scone or a little bit of cake. It's very real and a comfort thing for me. I allow it sometimes and stay mindful of the treat, and log it.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I used to have coffee with cookies, even for breakfast. Try a substitution of maybe a few cocoa roast almonds(Emerald has 100 cal packs) or walnuts. Or maybe just a little extra milk in the coffee would make it more filling? It is a conditioning thing, so just try a few different options and see what works for you.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    For me it was coffee and cigarettes in the morning. I loved them. And while not healthy, it was my routine.

I quit the cigarettes 7 years ago. Then I started having bad reflux about a year later. And my biggest trigger was the coffee. Lol. So the coffee had to go as well.

Today I have green tea and oats. Still miss the coffee like crazy. I have one every few months and so far it still triggers a bit of acid reflux.