cellulite help

Options
i'm 19, and have had cellulite on my legs for years.
my problem area are my thighs anyway, and i've finally started losing on them. but the cellulite isn't going...
i'd love to go out and wear skirts to show off my legs like all the other girls, but without the lumpy-ness.....

anyways of getting rid of it?
it's really effecting my confidence.
i do strength training on my legs, they're already pretty solid with all the badminton training and the extra i do.... so i dont know what else to do. other than keep trying to shift the fat of em...

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Sorry hun, but cellulite sticks, and I am quite certain that you can't get rid of it. But losing weight may help with the appearance of it, and also tanning will help mask it a bit, too. I don't like tanning, myself, so I use that Jergen's moisturizer that slowly tans you.... Sorry to be a downer :(
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have a trick for ya i'll email you what i do and it's helped me so much it's amazing i love it!!!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have found that mine has gone away as I have been losing body fat. I do P90X and I really try to get down low in my squats and lunges to tighten those muscles. But, more importantly, I work out 6 days a week for at least an hour a day and sweat like crazy during all of it. Diet won't get rid of it, it will have to be through good old exercise.
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Goodbye cellulite works wonders! I have been using it for a few days and can see the difference already, I took pics of it and it is soo clear that there is some change happening. Apply it twice a day, once after you take a hot shower in the morning and shower before bed and put it on. The moisture after a shower helps it get absorbed and it also helps when you are sleeping when your body is most receptive to creams.

GOOD LUCK!
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    maybe "get rid of it" were the wrong words.... i know almost everyone has it. but, i just wanna reduce it. so it's less noticeable. don't know if its the light in my bedroom but it looks bloody awful!
    the other girls on nights out in the skirts with the great legs do still have it, but its not as obvious as mine..

theres all sorts of lotions and potions that are supposed to work. some people say its just the massaging that helps it and not the lotions....
    its really gettin me down
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    Cellulite is more of a skin issue than a fat issue and is genetic/related to hormone levels. You can gain muscle to tighten the skin and flatten out the cellulite, I've heard there are massages that help break up the fibrous connective tissue in the skin (that holds the fat in "pockets"--lipossage), creams with theophylline (and probably other ingredients as well) can also help break it up, and then there are the spa treatments that are basically a type of deep massage in my opinion. I have seen friends get liposuction and can tell you that it makes it look worse because the skin then has more sag to it and you can really see the lumpiness even better... Personally I have found that any skin firming or cellulite cream can make it look better temporarily (I have used the Nivea brand), just keep reapplying it.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've been using St. Ives Firming (blue bottle) & Cellulite Control (yellowy/orange bottle). It takes time, but I can wear shorts again. Building muscle also helps with cellulite control & it also helps to stay hydrated so your body doesn't store extra fluids where you least want them.

Unfortunately, cellulite is also in your genetic make up, so not everyone will be able to completely get rid of it, though you can minimize it. Like Panda86 mentioned, tanning does help & while the suns rays & tanning beds will age your skin and ruin it in the long run, self-tanners have come a long way (L'oreal Sublime tanning airbrush spray & Nutrogena Self-Tanning Mist Spray seems to be pretty nice, I just used the L'Oreal this AM while I was getting ready for work & it has a natural glow: just don't go overboard otherwise you'll go orange :tongue: )
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Everybody has cellulite. Its perfectly normal. You cannot get rid of it, but you can help the appearance.

First and foremost, cellulite is fatty deposits trapped within the skin. Focus on strength training and toning. This will provide a sense of smoothness.

Massage works wonders too. A competant therapist can drain the areas. Its not permanant and you have to stick with it.

Body wraps are AWESOME for cellulite. They also help you lose inches... (Not fat, and not permanent) and they feel soooooo good!

Dry brushing has become my best friend. In my opinion, this works the best, is the cheapest, and most reliable. You can by an all natural bristle body brush at Target for 3 bucks. Each day before you shower, dry brush your skin towards your heart. Begin at the base of your right foot and work clockwise around your body. Just make sure you brush toward your heart. (Your stimulating lymphatic drainage, so it is very important you follow the natural flow of the lymphatic system.) On the abdomen, brush clockwise around the belly button, this is the only place where you do not go towards the heart.
    Not only do you help move those fatty deposits by stimulating circulation, but you stimulate cell renewal which keeps your skin super soft, eliminating the need for lotions. Always follow up with a warm shower.

Dry brushing can do everything my previous suggestions can do. Matter of fact, body wraps and even some massage include dry brushing for the very benefits I listed, especially cellulite. Its also free, with the exception of the 3 dollar brush. Just takes 5 minutes a day before you shower. Your going to shower anyway and probably spend more than 5 miutes slathering yourself with lotions and potions that promise to reduce or eliminate cellulite.

I've been doing this since last year when I went to school for skincare. I do not use lotion at all. I can get away with showering with just water. My cellulite has diminished to an extensive degree, I wish I had taken before/after photos now. Also, it helps with KP on the arms, body breakouts, sunspots/freckes, hair growth, etc. Take it from me, this is the way to go. I'm not saying that because I'm trained to, I'm saying that because I've experienced it. I make no money by recommending this, it actually lessens the need for my profession to be honest.

EDIT: to say, it aso helps with stretch marks too.
  • Emmea2729
    Options
    Everybody has cellulite. Its perfectly normal. You cannot get rid of it, but you can help the appearance.

First and foremost, cellulite is fatty deposits trapped within the skin. Focus on strength training and toning. This will provide a sense of smoothness.

Massage works wonders too. A competant therapist can drain the areas. Its not permanant and you have to stick with it.

Body wraps are AWESOME for cellulite. They also help you lose inches... (Not fat, and not permanent) and they feel soooooo good!

Dry brushing has become my best friend. In my opinion, this works the best, is the cheapest, and most reliable. You can by an all natural bristle body brush at Target for 3 bucks. Each day before you shower, dry brush your skin towards your heart. Begin at the base of your right foot and work clockwise around your body. Just make sure you brush toward your heart. (Your stimulating lymphatic drainage, so it is very important you follow the natural flow of the lymphatic system.) On the abdomen, brush clockwise around the belly button, this is the only place where you do not go towards the heart.
    Not only do you help move those fatty deposits by stimulating circulation, but you stimulate cell renewal which keeps your skin super soft, eliminating the need for lotions. Always follow up with a warm shower.

Dry brushing can do everything my previous suggestions can do. Matter of fact, body wraps and even some massage include dry brushing for the very benefits I listed, especially cellulite. Its also free, with the exception of the 3 dollar brush. Just takes 5 minutes a day before you shower. Your going to shower anyway and probably spend more than 5 miutes slathering yourself with lotions and potions that promise to reduce or eliminate cellulite.

I've been doing this since last year when I went to school for skincare. I do not use lotion at all. I can get away with showering with just water. My cellulite has diminished to an extensive degree, I wish I had taken before/after photos now. Also, it helps with KP on the arms, body breakouts, sunspots/freckes, hair growth, etc. Take it from me, this is the way to go. I'm not saying that because I'm trained to, I'm saying that because I've experienced it. I make no money by recommending this, it actually lessens the need for my profession to be honest.

EDIT: to say, it aso helps with stretch marks too.

this dry brushing sounds like a good idea. i've not heard of it before. i don't live in america so i have no idea where you're talking about!!! what kind of brush is it? or doesnt it matter as long as you do it right?
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Check out this website. Its loaded with info.

Also, I'm not sure where you are, but if you're in the UK, Europe, or Austraillia- Estheticians are highly trained in those countries. They require far more training than here in the US. Check into getting a skin analyis at a spa and they can teach you.

Usually the brushes are sold where body products are sold. Just make sure it is 100% natural, not natural coated. The coating stips away and the synthetic bristles just scratch the surface of the skin, which can be damaging. If all esle fails, you can order one online.

EDIT: Guess it would help if I post the site, lol

http://www.natural-cure-alternatives.com/dry-skin-brushing.html
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I bought a bristle brush from Body Shop. Works wonders and have reduced the appearance. :)
  • Emmea2729
    Options
    awesome thank you. i'll be buying my self a natural brush!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Please post what you think. Feel free to PM me if you have questions. You're going to LOVE it!