Been dieting for years

Options
Been on all sorts of diets over the years and have just started to get a feel for calorie counting on MyFitnessPal the past few weeks but yet to commit to daily tracking. I turn 40 next year and am technically obese on the BMI scale. I want to lose 20kg and hope this app can help make that happen.

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Tracking and logging calories, like anything else in life, become routine. The longer you do it, the easier it becomes!

Features like saving meals and the food history log make logging on here simpler.

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

If you don't commit to the logging, the most important step in staying in a calorie deficit, in my opinion, I'm not sure if you can expect success with your weight loss.

It takes a short time for the logging to become easy. I log a few days in advance.

Good luck with your journey!
  • gscruiser
    gscruiser Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • Ironclad80
    Ironclad80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I definitely plan to log full-time starting today. I did all the diets in the past because I never understood the calories are what counts the most in weight loss. I actually have a chance now to make some progress.