Zombies, Run! Any Runner 5's out there?

I have recently started Zombies, Run! I am in the middle of the the C25k and have bought a year of the regular version. Is anyone else finding this app entertaining and helpful? I find the stories interesting and running from zombies to be very motivating.

Replies

• koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    I love it. I'm up to season 5 and I've just finished Venus Rising, the little five mission season they had set in space. I don't run it though - I walk with my dogs and jog for part of it. It's really fun.
  • Marjael
    Marjael Posts: 111 Member
    I love Zombies, Run and am waiting on the next couple season 8 missions to come out. I’ve been using the app for a few years now - even have a couple of their t-shirts from their virtual 5ks, etc - it’s nice to cycle it in as an alternative to listening to playlists or just my feet hitting the ground.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Please explain this 'zombies run' to which you refer. I can barely walk but does it make a good gift for a more mobile sister (who is also on mfp but eschews the boards)
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Please explain this 'zombies run' to which you refer. I can barely walk but does it make a good gift for a more mobile sister (who is also on mfp but eschews the boards)

It's an exercise app: https://zombiesrungame.com/

Consider it audio book + zombie series + exercise combined in one. There are 'seasons' comprised of missions. At regular intervals, a zombie 'chases' you and you have to increase speed to evade it. If it catches you, you don't die but it steals your stuff. It's a lot of fun and I love it and it kind of fits in with my belief that nothing could/would ever make me run except being chased by a zombie.
  • shewhoismany
    shewhoismany Posts: 182 Member
    @lat1963 You don't have to run. You can walk and walk a bit faster when being chased. Or you can turn off the chases and just listen to the story and your own music. I walked in the beginning without the chases. Then added the chases. Then started running, well, jogging. Then added the C25k app.

It really is fun. It is an interesting story that breaks the monotony of song after song. It is a good story, well acted, and actually had me on the verge of tears the other day.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Omg I’m getting this! Does it need internet to work or can it work offline?
  • shewhoismany
    @Hannahwalksfar You can download and sync missions. Internet or cellular data isn't used while you're running or walking.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Awesome thanks
  • BachataDancer
    BachataDancer Posts: 77 Member
    Fellow runner 5 here. I love the app, and I'm planning on running my first race (City) in November.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Woooo, what up fellow Runner 5s! Such an amazing app.
  • shewhoismany
    I am so into this. I just started season 2 and I want to leap ahead to just listen to the story. Making myself wait until I can go for a walk or a jog means I am out there getting air and exercise most days.
  • BachataDancer
    BachataDancer Posts: 77 Member
    I'm embarrassed to admit but I've had nightmares of zombies chasing me although I really like the app.
  • shewhoismany
    @Bachataera I haven't had nightmares (yet) but I have had a scary moment or two jogging at night.
  • charlotteX92X
    charlotteX92X Posts: 344 Member
    Hi fellow Runner 5's! I love this app and have been with it since the beginning. So cool that people are still discovering it :)
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Runner 5 checking in. I just found this app, will probably get the paid version soon. Great storyline, motivation, gets me moving fast, love it!