Back to School, Back to Health

Options
Hello fellow MFP!

As the title suggests, I'm going back to school! Well, online college to complete my degree, but back to school nonetheless.

Due to some unfortunate circumstances back in the day, I had to leave school and, as a result, I never got my Bachelor's degree. I've attempted to return to school, but it's ended in failure.

In the midst of all of this, I've also let my health go. I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle, and the food I eat isn't the greatest.

I got a real wakeup call earlier this year after taking a desk job I hated in an effort to keep supporting my family. My weight spiked, my sleep schedule fell apart, my skin is a mess, and I was starting to develop symptoms of the same thing that kept me out of school before.

So, I'm starting a new. I got a new job that I like which will cut down on the stress. I'm going back to school in an effort to finally get my degree with the prospect of an even better job at the end. And, probably most importantly, I'm paying attention to my health. Nutrition, exercise, the whole shebang. (It's definitely not hurting that one of my first classes is a nutrition class.)

And I would love to meet some people to help encourage me on my journey. Fellow college students, working adults, people with health problems, runners, nutrition nerds, you're all welcome.

I look forward to connecting with you all!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!