Hi

Options
I've tried diets and logging everything I ate before, but I've never tried accessing a community of strangers for help with my weight loss. So maybe it will be the support I need to finally be able to get to my goals, without flip flopping between supporters who either tell me I don't need to loose the weight or that I'm just not giving it my all. So hello and if offered, thanks for the support.

Replies

• suzyanne
    suzyanne Posts: 50
    Options
    Welcome!! There are so many wonderful people here who gladly and eagerly help each other with no judgement or question. This really is a great site! I'll send a friend request and do my best to offer you encouragement. Good luck!! :happy:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :heart: This site is wonderful for support... yes, it is a group of cyber-strangers so-to-speak but then again we are not. We are all here to reach our goals of a healthier existence (lose, gain, or maintain)... so does that make us strangers? :noway: Nay... we are all here to give a shoulder (or an eye) to support one another. Trust me as one who even attempted to quit smoking while on here (unsuccesfully) that these people are great!! We can all do it!! I know it!!!

Welcome Aboard!! :bigsmile:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I've tried diets and logging everything I ate before, but I've never tried accessing a community of strangers for help with my weight loss. So maybe it will be the support I need to finally be able to get to my goals, without flip flopping between supporters who either tell me I don't need to loose the weight or that I'm just not giving it my all. So hello and if offered, thanks for the support.

Welcome to MFP!!

Yes, sometimes outside in our day-to-day life, people say things to our faces and they mean well (well the majority do, some have ulterior motives) but what they are saying isn't always doing us the best. I remember being told "you don't need to lose weight, you are slim" - yeah right! I had flab hanging over my waistband and my legs wobbled like jelly that hadn't quite set properly - actually it was more like an impression of the Pacific Ocean!! Besides I was not slim, I was just a little thinner than them and that, believe me, was not a good reason to not try to the lose the excess weight :laugh:

People telling you that you are not giving it your all, if you are giving it everything you have got, then they don't know you at all. That is one thing I found this site to be good for, it forces people to face up to things - well it did me - and although it might have been a tad painful at the time, now I am glad and would go through it all again if it meant I came to the same ending.

All the best in your weight loss, add me if you want :flowerforyou: