Day 2: menu/satiety good

Options
Another update on my eating to achieve earlier satiety. It's working so far, largely thanks to the cottage cheese. Reducing oatmeal and bread portions have given me more wiggle room at night - and this has been such a huge relief. Someone on the other thread insightfully pointed out that many of us are too busy and preoccupied with work during the day to eat, so our real power eating happens after work and at night. Yup! That's me. So cutting back calories at breakfast and lunch has helped and i hardly notice the change.

Breakfast: 65g (down from 85g) oats plus almond milk, blueberries, coffee with 2% milk

Lunch: half a pita (down from 1 pita), radishes, cucumber and 75g marble light cheese

Snack: apple

Dinner: 200 g romano beans cooked middle eastern style, 150 g brown rice, kale salad with 1 diced dill pickle and half a sliced beet with apple cider vinegar and 1/2 tbl olive oil

Snack: 175 g smooth nordica cottage cheese with 1 tbl honey

I did NOT feel hungry!

This just might work after all. :)

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    This is my strategy! I'm generally not overly hungry during the day, so I just save my calories for night. I eat an early lunch (11am) of about 400 calories, a snack of about 150 calories, and then the rest (about 800) is dinner and nighttime desserts, snacks, whatever. I usually have 1st dinner and 2nd dinner hobbit-style where i have a portion of dinner when I get home, and then another portion at around 8pm with usually a dessert in between.