For those who’ve lost 100-ish lbs...

Options
Did you have a lot of extra skin once you lost the weight?

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    A lot? Yeah, I suppose. But even at my age it’s gotten better.

But I was 50+ years old and married for years. It wasn’t a concern. My understanding is that the only for sure answer is surgery.

And I’ve observed this- if you’re just starting out, you’re on dangerous ground. It takes time and persistence to lose 100lbs. Your brain (I think our brains hate weight loss) may be setting you up for “not good enough.”

If you think you are going to put in time and effort but end up with a result that’s not good enough, maybe your brain can get you to quit. Be careful. This is just one of a number of potential mental traps.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I have lost more than that so my experience is not what you are looking for other than to say this... losing 100ish pounds will give you back a lot of freedom. I have no idea what limitations your weight has placed on you because people carry their weight differently based on genetics but I know you have some.

Don't worry about it in advance. Just set course. You can absolutely do it. You might get lucky your skin may tighten enough on its own.
  • ChickieBoom22
    ChickieBoom22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I had some loose skin on my arms, stomach and inner thighs but it wasn’t terrible. It was certainly preferable to carrying around an extra 110 pounds. And I was single and dating and no one seemed to mind.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have loose skin, but it’s not as bad as I’d imagined. I lost more than 100 lbs in 8 months from Jan to Sept of 2017. svp96tnvy1cm.jpeg
    I started at 260. I wish I had taken a picture that day. I had already lost weight by the time I took my before picture. I’ve maintained that loss for almost two years. Strength training will help tighten up things some. Some is based on your genes and some is just going to be there no matter what. ng95lx36epfs.jpeg

I am currently weighing 155 lbs.

• Nanalove2018
    Nanalove2018 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have so called "bat wings" and my boobs will never be the same. But ya know what, I wouldnt trade that for my old high cholestoral, high blood pressure, and pre diabetes. I just learned to love myself in a new way, and to be honest? Im still working on it. But still wouldnt trade my weightloss for anything.
  • nasimiyu
    nasimiyu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much to all of you for the responses and encouragement -
    @88olds - I definitely feel like I’m butting up against a mental trap, I keep giving myself reasons why I’m not going to succeed or I won’t look good even if I do succeed... I’ve had low self esteem all my life, even when I was skinny (I’ve only gained weight in the last 4 years or so after a traumatic event) and its really hard to overcome that “programming”
    @ChelleDee07 holy moly you look amazing! Thanks for the pictures! I’m 242-ish and my end goal is 150-ish (started at 255) so quite similar to you.
    Thanks again ladies for the motivation!
  • nasimiyu
    nasimiyu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have so called "bat wings" and my boobs will never be the same. But ya know what, I wouldnt trade that for my old high cholestoral, high blood pressure, and pre diabetes. I just learned to love myself in a new way, and to be honest? Im still working on it. But still wouldnt trade my weightloss for anything.
    Lol after two pregnancies and nursing my boobs will never be the same anyway 😂😂😂
    That’s what I’m working towards too, learning to love myself regardless of the extra bits but it’s hard to stay positive sometimes
    Thank you!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    @ChelleDee07 holy moly you look amazing! Thanks for the pictures! I’m 242-ish and my end goal is 150-ish (started at 255) so quite similar to you.

Thank you for the kind compliment. You're very welcome. I know when I was in the midst of losing my weight the Success Stories with pictures helped to motivate me. I would be in the gym on the Treadmill reading the community board posts and seeing others sharing their before and after pictures would help kick me into overdrive. You Got This!!

Lol after two pregnancies and nursing my boobs will never be the same anyway 😂😂😂
    That’s what I’m working towards too, learning to love myself regardless of the extra bits but it’s hard to stay positive sometimes
    Thank you!

True, there will be somethings that just ARE and you won't be able to really change. First thing that went when I lost weight was my boobs. BIG TIME!! I have the mama belly pooch that will always be present, no matter what too. I've had three children that weighed 10 lbs plus ~ Stretch marks, the pooch... just part of who I am now and while I'd love to be able to improve those flaws.. they are because I was blessed to have my boys. Therefore, no regrets and I'd do it all over again.

Just focus on improving your health and getting stronger. Everything will fall right into place.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Any lose skin I might have is far better than the fat I had 150 lbs ago. That’s all that really matters to me.