I did this before and I lost 75 pounds

Options
Ok here I am back too 213lbs and I’m only 5’5 I have two kids and work like crazy! I need too change my ways too have more energy and feel better! I’m nervous though I always fall off track I’m a steak and bread type women! I know the beginning is super rough and I don’t enjoy the fatigue from the reduced sugar! I know I can do this! I lost 75 pounds using this app before and that was just from eating right. I’m praying!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Ok here I am back too 213lbs and I’m only 5’5 I have two kids and work like crazy! I need too change my ways too have more energy and feel better! I’m nervous though I always fall off track I’m a steak and bread type women! I know the beginning is super rough and I don’t enjoy the fatigue from the reduced sugar! I know I can do this! I lost 75 pounds using this app before and that was just from eating right. I’m praying!

If you can eat your steak, bread, and sugar items in moderate portions there is no reason to exclude them. All you need is a calorie deficit. "Eating right" never helped me. Eating normally helps me and while my normal has changed a lot since the beginning I did lose a lot of weight eating things like chicken nuggets and french fries for some time. I still eat steak and bread. I am not sure what you mean by sugar but I don't have a sweet tooth so I don't generally eat sweeter items.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Eat what you love and stay in a calorie deficit. You won't find the journey difficult if you don't deprive yourself.

Good luck with your journey!
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Start walking with your diet
    You will feel great
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    You can do this but use your earlier experience to figure out what went wrong. It sounds like before you dieted too strictly. Find a path that you can live with for life. Don't expect to lose 2 pounds or more a week. Go slower and learn how to live with your new lifestyle. Losing weight is just the beginning of the journey. Keeping it off is the part that counts. Find some activity you enjoy maybe you can get the kids involved. It doesn't have to be the gym unless that's something you like. I walk. It lowers my stress and reduces my appetite. When I started I did 2000 steps a day. Most people start with 10,000. I knew I would hate that and then I wouldn't do it so I started slow. Now 16,000 isn't unusual on my days off. Work days I have to find ways to work it in on lunch hour or coffee break times. Do what works for you and your family. Welcome back and good luck.