Haven't lost weight in 12 days

Options
I went from steadily losing to it just suddenly stopped dead. I haven't changed anything other then I started exercising and now I can't seem to get the numbers to go down anymore and it's getting frustrating.
I slightly up'd my calories because I started strength training and jogging. Any insight as to why I'm stalled all of a sudden?

Replies

• Cat_A_89
    Cat_A_89 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Strength training often comes with increased water retention for muscle repair. That can look like a stall or even a slight gain on the scale for a few weeks, but it's just masking the fat loss that's still happening. Give your body some time to catch up.

Thats what I'm hoping, just hard to deal with when I've been at a minimum of 1 pound a week till the stall haha
  • SuzOh
    SuzOh Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    After getting more focused at the end of March and losing 15 lbs in 8 weeks, the numbers on the scale have gone down very slowly for me over the past 3 months. I've only lost 8 lbs since the end of May. It can be frustrating, but guess what? I haven't gained. 12 days really isn't that long and I encourage you to just keep pushing forward. If you think changing up some things in your diet or exercise could help, then do it. Just know that this isn't a quick fix for most of us and don't be too hard on yourself when the scale is being fickle.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Read this article, OP. It teaches you a lot about water weight and helps quell those anxieties.

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations
  • Cat_A_89
    Options
    Read this article, OP. It teaches you a lot about water weight and helps quell those anxieties.

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations

Great I'll have a look! Thanks
  • Cat_A_89
    Options
    The scale has finally moved yay!