If I divide my series of exercises throughout the day will I still get the results?

Options
I've been doing exercises for the past 2 months and I'm gradually increasing the difficulty.

I do a series of different exercises resting around 30 sec between them, and after the first series, I repeat it at all again.

The second repetition is becoming harder for me to do and I was wondering if I could divide them throughout the day (for example serie 1 before work, serie 2 after work) and still have the same results.

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Kinda depends on what the exercises and the duration of those workouts are... but generally speaking, no you won't get the same results.

The more important question is will you get any results. The answer to that is yes.

I'd also just double check that the exercises/routine you're doing is appropriate for your fitness level. It may very well be, but can't hurt to take a step back.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I sometimes when travelling will split my 3 set bodyweight routine up just for convenience. I also know all I am basically doing is keeping my muscles moving until I get back to my regular work out. A split routine is not optimum, but better than nothing.

In your case, if you are not time crunched, why not do your first set as a warm up at an easier difficulty level, and follow that with the harder level. (I’m assuming no warmup sets)

Conversely, do the hard set first and back down on the difficulty level on your second set. Once you can do both sets with an easy and difficult set move to doing 2 difficult sets. Once they are complete repeat with the next level of difficulty.

No idea what you are doing but if rep’s are involved you could manipulate your reps in any number of ways so you can gradually move to the new difficulty level without having to split your workout.

Maybe post your routine for better feedback.

Cheers, h.