146 lbs. ultimate ideal goal weight

Options
Who is this specific. Not "yeah I'd like to get there but then maybe drop two or three more" Targeted assured focused on 146 lbs, your final goal weight.

Who is out there?

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,758 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What happens when you hit the magic 146? Suppose the next day you have a salty meal and the scale goes up with water retention? Do you panic?

Once you get to goal, remember that maintenance is a range, not a specific number. :)
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    @sugaraddict4321 Looks like nobody will ever find out. Crickets so far on those with this hard target.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    Keep working at it remember it's not a race and if you hit the target set yourself a new one ie to lose more or maintain it.
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    146 is close to my target weight, long way to go.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I set my ultimate goal to 150 ish.

I'll have to see how my body feels when I reach that neighborhood. At the moment, my mini goals are the next 5 pounds.

• sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My goal is 143.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    @sugaraddict4321 Looks like nobody will ever find out. Crickets so far on those with this hard target.

I guess I am confused by what you are trying to find out. Are you asking if others share your specific goal of 146 pounds or do you not have a weight goal but you are trying to find someone with that specific of a weight goal? Either way, why?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I found, through the process, that my goal weight has changed multiple times. So now I don't have a goal weight. I have a goal look, and whatever I weigh when I get there is fine with me.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Either way, why?

Regarding "Either way" nearly 100% of people I've interacted with say "It changes" "I don't know" "It is just an approximation, and when I get there I'll really figure it out" Stuff like that. Debra does that describe you too?

One poster wrote 143 lbs. great, I'm saying 146 lbs. We may be "wrong" but we are a minority, so I'm just looking out for some people.

• chris_in_cal
    Options
    I guess I am confused by what you are trying to find out.

Sorry, I typed too fast.

1) You have a specific weight goal? (Y/N)

2) If "Yes," is your specific weight goal 146 lbs?

---

There is a "Twins" group which seemed fun, but I failed out because I had no twin :(

• chris_in_cal
    Options
    Do you panic?

Yes, I've been in the correct range three times in my adult life, and three times I've left that 'range' and gained a whole bunch more.

Getting to the range/goal is one process (in which I've succeeded, and am currently back on)
    Maintaining is a different process, which I'm looking forward to addressing sometime next year.

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

1) You have a specific weight goal? (Y/N)

2) If "Yes," is your specific weight goal 146 lbs?

1) No. I don't worry about my weight as much as I worry about the way I look and feel. If my clothes fit well and I am able to participate in the activities I like, I am attaining my goals.

I don't think it's wrong to choose a specific weight but it is nearly impossible to maintain. Weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds day to day just because of water retention.

I hope you are able to reach the goals you have but also don't beat yourself up if it proves difficult to achieve.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I never had a target weight...I went by what I saw in the mirror. I was about 146 coming out of high school...I was rail thin. I'd have to torch a lot of muscle mass to even get there at this point.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I never had a target weight...I went by what I saw in the mirror.

Yeah, most folks here on MFP are this way...not wrong/not right, just your own choice.