Back Again........

Options
So back on MFP after 7 months in which time I have gained another 2.5 stones in weight - not all my fault I herniated a disk in my neck and had nerve entrapment so could not exercise and the nerve blockers and high dose pain relief coupled with not exercising resulted in the huge additional weight gain - now 8 weeks post op (total disk replacement surgery) and back eating healthy, started back with the exercise and stopped drinking alcohol in the week - hoping now for a nice steady weight loss over the next 12 - 18 months, I have around 90lb to lose which seems almost unachievable - any advice :-)

Replies

• bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Weight is lost through a calorie deficit, not just by healthy eating and not just by exercise. You can do this.....
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much - the task seems so huge at this point do you break it down into smaller goals or just go for the big 90lb loss goal however log it may take to get there?
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I usually set my small goals 5lbs at a time. Longer goals are set at 1. getting below 200 lbs 2. getting out of the obese category 3. getting out of the overweight range 4. hitting my goal target. I also look at losing 10% of my body weight...15%, 20% and any other small goals that I can set. I keep a log of them and when I reach them I mark them off my list.

I have reach the 30lb mark and now working on losing up to the 35lb mark...I am 3lbs away. I am also working on getting below 200 and have 7lbs to go. Having these short term goals keeps me involved and helps with the motivation. I try not to set deadlines on the loss but that doesn't always work.
  • caroline_mason42
    caroline_mason42 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That sound like a great idea I will definitely put smaller achievable goals so I feel I am progressing as apposed to lose 90Lb :-)