Keep comparing myself!

Options
2»

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Comparison is the killer of joy...remember that as you go through this life. you've got a lot of it left to live.
    they probably have fake breasts
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Just as I don't compare what I eat or how I lose weight to others, I don't compare my body to anyone else's either. Why would I?

Because it's human and because I see them reach their goals and although they inspire me it can also make me feel bad because I'm not where I want to be and it's tough!

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm 61 years old. I think maybe I've outgrown envy like that. You're much more attractive than I was when I was younger. ☺

I think there is just more preasure now days for females to look a certain way and I just feel bad because I can't meet the standards that I am seeing and it makes my goals seem so far out of reach and useless.

I'm going to blame it on the Kardashians. Why? Because I can.

Sadly, we live in a society of fake boobs, fake lips, waist trainers, butt implants, fake hair, fake eyelashes and on and on and on. Be happy with what you were born with.

You could've just tagged my selfie, sheesh

If I've learned anything here, it's that none of those matter. It's all about the eyes.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Just as I don't compare what I eat or how I lose weight to others, I don't compare my body to anyone else's either. Why would I?

Because it's human and because I see them reach their goals and although they inspire me it can also make me feel bad because I'm not where I want to be and it's tough!

I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm 61 years old. I think maybe I've outgrown envy like that. You're much more attractive than I was when I was younger. ☺

I think there is just more preasure now days for females to look a certain way and I just feel bad because I can't meet the standards that I am seeing and it makes my goals seem so far out of reach and useless.

I'm going to blame it on the Kardashians. Why? Because I can.

Sadly, we live in a society of fake boobs, fake lips, waist trainers, butt implants, fake hair, fake eyelashes and on and on and on. Be happy with what you were born with.

You could've just tagged my selfie, sheesh

If I've learned anything here, it's that none of those matter. It's all about the eyes.

My eyes are also fake

...they look so real, I woulda never known!
  • vholley60197
    vholley60197 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Comparison is the killer of joy...remember that as you go through this life. you've got a lot of it left to live.
    they probably have fake breasts

What a great thing to remember I read that quote somewhere but never thought about it in this aspect. Thank you! :)
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I went to elementary school with a kid who had a fake eye. he would take it out to impress people.

it worked.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I try to remind myself that a lot of the people I'm comparing myself to do what they do for a living... either fitness, IG, or both. So the time and effort they are able to put into it is dramatically different than what I'm able to do. So of course the results are going to be different.

Plus I'm not followed around by a professional photographer. Nor am I air bushed, lifted, tucked, or enhanced.

But it's still frustrating.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    RevGym2 wrote: »
    Many men in my gym get frustrated because they compare their bodies to mine and they know they will have a hard time obtaining that level of success.

But I just keep encouraging them to have rainbows and sunshine and things will be OK

Show us your body or go away.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Those accounts are meant to be inspirational, if they aren’t giving you positive, motivating feelings then let it go, you’re in control of what you want to see. Loving ourselves, “flaws” and all is a hard enough gig without the comparison game.
  • vholley60197
    vholley60197 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @tinkerhellraiser Pressure from society. I am not sure if you have noticed but there has always been pressure on women to fit a certain standard and look a certain way. I am also not sure if you watch TV a lot but there's always new creams and fat bands to make us look thinner and make us look smoother. There seems to always be something new coming out to make women look younger, thinner, or prettier. It's kinda hard to not feel like there's something wrong with you or something that needs to be done.