Ladies only, advice please!

Options
TMI alert...I have been noticing during strength training(especially plie squats) and some cardio (jumping jacks, squat jumps) a weird discomfort near the labia area..it's almost as if I am stretching the area out too much and it loosened up, or the legs wide apart motion is just opening the area up too much. Is this even a thing? Anyone experienced anything similar?

Replies

• suzettedees
    suzettedees Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You might want to see your doctor. That doesn’t sound ok
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Could you have something rubbing down there, like a seam or fabric shifting? Or maybe a skin irritation from being hot and sweaty?
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Could you have something rubbing down there, like a seam or fabric shifting? Or maybe a skin irritation from being hot and sweaty?

I don't know, maybe, cannot tell. Especially while doing plies it feels like the vulvar area opens up a lot. I did get a recent examination from my gyno and while I did not point this out to her, she did not specifically notice anything...
  • capriqueen
    Options
    Oh my the conversations we have on here are sometimes ones we wouldn’t have with out closest friends, the joy of anonymity.

Is this recent?
    Is your workout recent?
    Have you lost weight?

Questions asked because I noticed, after I had been in maintenance a while, I had lost some of the fat pads on my outer labia and pubic mound and the skin had also obligingly contracted.
    (Didn’t inspect this area as much as others while losing, actually not at all)

This means when I do those legs wide open type moves my outer and inner labia open. Previously, prior to my fat loss and obliging skin contraction my inner labia didn’t open (stayed quite tight lipped so to speak).

It could also be down to the legs are more flexible, and asked to be more frequently than before so it is more noticeable.

If it is uncomfortable, back to your gyno for a chat and a check up.

Cheers, h.

(I can’t believe I just wrote that for all the world to read)

Thank you for your response! I know, the joys of anonymity.

I have lost some weight.. although not a spectacular amount. The opening of the outer labia is exactly what I experience, although I wasn't sure if it was the same thing during cardio too. I was feeling some vulvar pain after some moves, which I could not exactly chalk up to anything in particular.
    Do you use anything for tightening in that area? Sorry if that is getting too personal.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    My guess is you are just not used to the sensation of your body being more flexible and thinner, but... how old are you? Those tissues can get quite a bit less flexible after menopause.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    My guess is you are just not used to the sensation of your body being more flexible and thinner, but... how old are you? Those tissues can get quite a bit less flexible after menopause.

Unfortunately, I am only 28. Far from menopause and no children either..
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    To be honest, a couple of weeks back at my regular activities and I forgot all about it until your post.

Maybe just slowly work into the exercises that stretch you. The pain concerns me, if it continues do get it checked.

I did wonder at the time if anyone had ever had a fat or other adjustment in that area. Didn’t find any posts.

Cheers, h.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you may have a slight groin strain? It's not clear to me precisely where the discomfort is occurring. As to the labia opening - do you wear underwear under your gym wear? I notice that happening if I do a squat wearing loose pyjamas and no underwear, but close fitting underwear and the tight gym capris I choose to wear stop anything from moving noticeably when I am exercising.
  • capriqueen
    Options
    SnifterPug wrote: »
    I wonder if you may have a slight groin strain? It's not clear to me precisely where the discomfort is occurring. As to the labia opening - do you wear underwear under your gym wear? I notice that happening if I do a squat wearing loose pyjamas and no underwear, but close fitting underwear and the tight gym capris I choose to wear stop anything from moving noticeably when I am exercising.
    Yes, I do wear underwear under my gym wear. It just feels like the area is stretching out too much..maybe I have loose skin there ? I don't know. I think maybe I need to wear underwear that's a little tighter, perhaps because of the weight loss i might be feeling a lack of support.
    I do occasionally feel some groin strain, just was worried why cardio would cause that. I could go for a pelvic exam but it hurt me quite a bit since I'm not sexually active.