199, below 200 finally!!!!!

OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
Guys this is a day I have been waiting for, for a long time. Started last July at 272.6 and today 199.8! I was 202 in June and just couldn't get below 200 and see the 100s. 190 is the goal but I'm just over the moon this morning. I mean I am just so happy this morning. When I saw that number I was so excited. I mean I knew it was coming, I felt it, I kinda knew it. You guys know when you lose weight long enough what's going on. I think I'm in a woosh. I wouldn't not be surprised if I get down to 195 on this woosh. Anyway I am beyond happy this morning. Last time I saw 199 on the scale was 2007 I think. Love MFP! Love the boards!

Replies

• Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Congratulations, that’s so exciting!!
  • OAS5
    Thank you!
  • d805
    d805 Posts: 103 Member
    Congratulations!!
  • Smiler_85
    Smiler_85 Posts: 11 Member
    That's incredible, well done you! I keep getting in my own way of this happening for me!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    You’ve done amazing! Nice work and congrats! 💪🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    You’re making me want it even more! Hurray you!
  • Keliz1173
    Keliz1173 Posts: 186 Member
    Way to go - very inspiring!!!
  • srlesher315
    srlesher315 Posts: 2 Member
    Awesome! Your hard work has paid off! I can only imagine how you must feel! Being under 200 lbs is my goal too! I haven't seen that number since 1998, but I am working on it!
  • OAS5
    Thanks guys, I'm just so happy. It's just so nice to see 199 on that scale even though 199.8 is just under. Anyway it was nice to see!
  • hezaa777
    hezaa777 Posts: 25 Member
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Great job and discipline! I'm trying to get to that myself...I'm at 213 down from 280....I can't wait!
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Welcome to ONEderland! Hope to join you there next year.
  • OAS5
    Thank you to all of you. It's a thing to see on the bathroom scale. Now tomorrow because of fluctuations I might not be 199 but it's all going in the right direction.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to onederland! 😀
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Congratulations on crossing an important line in the sand in your fitness, health and wellness journey. Now, double down your efforts to make sure you don't cross back to the other side. Savor in your delight, bask in your sunshine and keep marching forward!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Great job! It's amazing how much of a difference mentally it makes to cross that line.
  • ku140
    ku140 Posts: 65 Member
    That is such an incredible achievement!! Way to go!!
  • OAS5
    Congratulations on crossing an important line in the sand in your fitness, health and wellness journey. Now, double down your efforts to make sure you don't cross back to the other side. Savor in your delight, bask in your sunshine and keep marching forward!

Thanks, I agree, keep my eye on the prize. That's what I have done throughout this entire thing. Through good and bad, through plateaus and large drops. My motto is plow though it and keep on trucking. 😁
    Not to sound super confident or anything but I'm thinking when I get to 190 if I don't try for 180 but that would be the absolute bottom for me. I'm 5-7 and 190 is pretty good. I was 190 and was happy but maybe 180 is nice cushion from 200 and from the technical term obese. 191 I'm out of the technical the obese area from BMI which I agree is not the end all be all. Still might be nice to have cushion before texting technical obese. Any thoughts?
  • ku140
    ku140 Posts: 65 Member
    edited August 2019
    [/quote]
    Thanks, I agree, keep my eye on the prize. That's what I have done throughout this entire thing. Through good and bad, through plateaus and large drops. My motto is plow though it and keep on trucking. 😁
    Not to sound super confident or anything but I'm thinking when I get to 190 if I don't try for 180 but that would be the absolute bottom for me. I'm 5-7 and 190 is pretty good. I was 190 and was happy but maybe 180 is nice cushion from 200 and from the technical term obese. 191 I'm out of the technical the obese area from BMI which I agree is not the end all be all. Still might be nice to have cushion before texting technical obese. Any thoughts?[/quote]

While I think the number on the scale can be a motivator (look at you today!!!), I personally find that focusing on being active and eating well is the best overall goal. If you get to 190 and feel good with yourself, great! If you feel proud but like you want to be more fit, then keep going! If you keep activity and good eating habits in your life, then you will remain with an overall sense of peace with your weight and yourself.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited August 2019

Not to sound super confident or anything but I'm thinking when I get to 190 if I don't try for 180 but that would be the absolute bottom for me. I'm 5-7 and 190 is pretty good. I was 190 and was happy but maybe 180 is nice cushion from 200 and from the technical term obese. 191 I'm out of the technical the obese area from BMI which I agree is not the end all be all. Still might be nice to have cushion before texting technical obese. Any thoughts?

I like how Jeff Caveliere says to be "light, lean and strong." so in my world, lighter and leaner is better so long as the strength is there and growing/sustaining. I'm 5'11" at 170 lbs. and likely older than you (age 64) and like how this feels. Easier to run and do pull-ups. Of course, body frame has to be taken into account. Good luck.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!