Hi from Co Wicklow, Ireland

Options
Hey all,

Raring to go!

I'm 34 years old, turning 35 in a few months, 5' 7", athletic, but have a bit of weight to lose that's been plagueing me since my late teens. Right now, I'm 12 stone/168 pounds, and attemtping to lose 2.5 stone/33 pounds. I lost a stone last year by going to the gym regularly, but I wasn't doing a whole lot about my diet at that time. Now I'm on a balanced diet of 1200 calories per day and sticking to it pretty well so along with the gym, I'm hoping to see some real results! I'm energised, feeling great, eating better food at more regular times and drinking gallons of water. I'll be weighing myself at the gym tomorrow night, so will hopefully have good news!

So what's the motivation? Well, I'm sick of shopping for dowdy clothes, finding something that barely fits and coming home feeling like a depressed whale. So vanity mostly, but health reasons also. I'm lucky to be perfectly healthy, never need a doctor and I want to keep it that way. As a non-smoker and very light drinker, its time to purge the junk food and make my body a temple. Oh yes, and a bean-pole friend of mine who lives in New York has invited me over this fall for a visit, so thats motivating me as well. I've never been before and it might be a good time to update the wardrobe. Maybe, possibly, there could be a wedding on the cards next year- if my mother has her way and I ever get around to setting the date- engaged 3 years and I can't be bothered! I'm terrible!

I'd love to chat with other people in the Wicklow/Dublin area- feel free to message me!

Replies

• jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!!
  • gingerra19800
    Options
    welcome to the site!! everyones friendly and helpful!! many good wishes!!:flowerforyou:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Raring to go!

I'm 34 years old, turning 35 in a few months, 5' 7", athletic, but have a bit of weight to lose that's been plagueing me since my late teens. Right now, I'm 12 stone/168 pounds, and attemtping to lose 2.5 stone/33 pounds. I lost a stone last year by going to the gym regularly, but I wasn't doing a whole lot about my diet at that time. Now I'm on a balanced diet of 1200 calories per day and sticking to it pretty well so along with the gym, I'm hoping to see some real results! I'm energised, feeling great, eating better food at more regular times and drinking gallons of water. I'll be weighing myself at the gym tomorrow night, so will hopefully have good news!

So what's the motivation? Well, I'm sick of shopping for dowdy clothes, finding something that barely fits and coming home feeling like a depressed whale. So vanity mostly, but health reasons also. I'm lucky to be perfectly healthy, never need a doctor and I want to keep it that way. As a non-smoker and very light drinker, its time to purge the junk food and make my body a temple. Oh yes, and a bean-pole friend of mine who lives in New York has invited me over this fall for a visit, so thats motivating me as well. I've never been before and it might be a good time to update the wardrobe. Maybe, possibly, there could be a wedding on the cards next year- if my mother has her way and I ever get around to setting the date- engaged 3 years and I can't be bothered! I'm terrible!

I'd love to chat with other people in the Wicklow/Dublin area- feel free to message me!

Welcome to MFP!! Love your posting! :happy:

You have a similar attitude to me regarding the foods and your starting weight and height are the same too as well as your motivation, thought I was reading part of my own explanation as to why I was here for a bit :laugh:

I reckon, if you stick to your eating plan and allotted calories, the excess with fall off! This is a good site for keeping your eye on your own progress and calories, if anything can keep motivation going it just has to be good doesn't it.

All the best :flowerforyou: