Impulse control?

Options
2»

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    i work a LOT right now, so i have tons of foods that require virtually no prep in the house. quest bars - around 200 calories per bar, 20 grams of protein. potato chips and tortilla chips - i eat half an ounce, all i have to do is weigh and eat. and a piece of cheese adds some protein. tasty fruit or vanilla yogurts. trader joe's cauliflower bowls are great for my calorie and nutrition goals. a blaze pizza with cheese and sauce is under 700 calories, and if you eat half, you'll have half for later. or you can eat a third and have each of the other two thirds when wanted.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I lost impulse control today and despite thinking I was cheating I ended up eating 300 cal under my daily intake because I’m naturally just making smaller portions and choosing better options without realising it.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Lots of good options here already! I bet you will find your best way is a combination of bits of everyone's ideas. Sift through and think about the ones that seem doable and implement small changes slowly. Personally I'm a big planner, so I have a sheet with a couple of days worth of meals planned out and I use it to shop from so I am prepared to execute what I have written down. It's become a very ingrained habit to the extent that I think twice before switching one meal for another if I am in the mood for something else because my mindless default is just to follow the plan. Taking the choice/decision out of the equation when you're most vulnerable, ie. hungry, is a big part of sticking to my desired plans.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    hixa30 wrote: »
    I have experimented with a 2 hour food requirement. If I want to eat *anything* I need to write it down on a piece of paper, at least 2 hours before eating. It does require commitment but it's helped me

I'm confused. Do you do this for regularly scheduled meals or just when you have the urge to snack?

Because you said *anything* it sounds like you mean for regular meals, which seems...odd.