Mission fit

Options
Hi guys. I'm just starting out on a journey to get fit. I'm a 5'7" male who weighs 91kg (about 200lb), and I feel horrible, unfit and uncomfortable in my clothes.

I want to eventually get to 70kg, but my motivation is more about fitness, measurements and fat % than outright weight. I'm just getting into cycling, and would like to eventually join a club for the social side and for the motivation. At the moment, I'm terribly slow, but I'm enjoying getting out and about on the bike. I think this could be a new thing for me!

If I can get to 85kg by Christmas I'll be happy, and hopefully I'll be able to start seeing the effect of calorie counting and exercise soon. I'm a kilo down in my first couple of weeks, so off to a good start!

Progress reports to follow!

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Note: buy a food scale

Good luck with your journey!
  • Pablosammy82
    Pablosammy82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Note: buy a food scale

Good luck with your journey!

Thanks Lynda. We cook from scratch pretty much every night, so scales are mandatory in our house! The main thing I'm getting used to is logging calories - it's amazing how quick they add up :o
  • Pablosammy82
    Pablosammy82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Two weeks in, and seeing good progress on the scales after an initial plateau. I put that down to water retention after starting cycling. My weight readings have been fairly erratic, but my body fat percentage has seen a much more consistent downward trend.

r262jkuohnw9.jpg
    ixgjdd7xglvi.jpg

Onwards and downwards! I'll just do a monthly update from now on, but I'm prepared for good weeks and bad weeks. I hit 90.0 kg for the first time in ages this morning, and I cant wait to see my weight begin with an 8!