16/8 Intermittent Fasting - I am a beginner

Options
Hey everyone!
Thought I would start a thread for all of us jumping on the IF wagon. I am on day 26 of IF (16/8). I log all of my food, even the bad, on MFP and TRY to keep my calories to about 1200-1300 daily. I am down 12.4 lbs as of today! Hows IF going for everyone else?

Also, I follow a subreddit called r/intermittentfasting. Its FULL of support and information for anyone wanting a place to go for motivation!

Replies

• gonna_reach_the_goal33
    Options
    I have been using IF as well! For the first two months of my losing, I didn’t, and I lost, but slowly. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. In the month of August, I was strict with my IF for all but maybe 1-2 days I was a little off, and my losses sped up. I lost about 10lbs this month, when my goal was only 5! I am eating 1600 calories, but some days I’ll eat less. IF has made my journey a lot more manageable I believe. And even with some days over on calories, I still had my most successful month yet. My only other change was increasing water intake, but not drastically, as I was already drinking a lot.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Consider joining us at the Intermittent Fasting Group here at MFP. It’s a private group. Apply and I’ll let you in. Wishing both of you the best in your IF journey.
  • rumbaimom
    rumbaimom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I’m new to IF. My doctor suggested it so I’m giving it a try. It hasn’t been too bad so far but it’s early days and no loss yet. I’m glad to learn from others who’ve been successful!
  • Leshia0918
    Leshia0918 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I’ve been Intermittent fasting since Dec 2018. Since starting, I’ve lost 30 pounds. At first, 12:00-8:00 was my eating window. However after months, I changed it to 12:30-6:30. I found that with this eating window; I lost more weight! IF has changed my life. I look at it as not dieting, but a lifestyle. So I would like to wish all of you good luck!
  • Klmom123
    Klmom123 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am just learning of this method and going to begin it today. Can I have black coffee in the morning during my fasting period ?
  • Leshia0918
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @Klmom123 hey how are u? Yes black coffee is fine, jus be sure to take it easy on the cream. It is said if you stay within 50 calories; your body will remain in the fasted state. For me, I drink water as soon as I get out of bed and I drink it all throughout my fast. I often drink green tea also.
  • Klmom123
    Klmom123 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I started IF yesterday. I wouldn’t mind tips and tricks to help me on this journey. 🙇🏻‍♀️
  • Leshia0918
    Options
    @Ardael what is your fasting window? I found IF quite successful, and I basically eat wat I want but I stay within my caloric goal and I exercise at 4-5 days a week
  • Ardael
    Ardael Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    1pm -9pm. I’m an evening person.

I tend to skip breakfast anyway so I thought this could really work for me.

I’ve lost 30lbs through calories counting alone then regained about half mainly because of late night emotional snacking.

I cycle about 4-5 times a week.
  • EpilepsyWarrior
    EpilepsyWarrior Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im new to IF and would rly like some pointers. Im doing the 16/8 method. It seems like just skipping breakfast so Im a little skeptical.
  • chrissyhub
    chrissyhub Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have lost 12lb in 8 weeks doing 16/8. I eat from 5pm till 10pm, but the food stops at around 7.30pm really. I had a glass of wine at nine.
    However, it was hard the first three weeks, but you have to fill yourself up on fizzy water, black coffee, black tea or green tea
    Now I find it really easy but the weight loss is not as quick as I had hoped so I am going to cut back on the wine from two bottles a week to one.
    It is the best eating plan I have ever come across as you really do feel in control of your eating.