Evening. Eating disorders.

Options
Hello, i've suffered from anorexia nervosa with bulimic tendencies for a year and a half and i currently am on day 16 of stopping my binge and purge cycle. I was making myself sick 160+ times a week and have done 0 times in 16 days and extremely proud. In order to do this though i have gone back to my anorexic ways. I am seeing doctors and therapists so no comments please i was just wondering if anybody else here was suffering from an eating disorder, my friends have blocked me from anorexic forums so i can't speak to people going through the same grueling experience. Feel free to join or add me.
Hope everyones well.

Replies

• red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm in recovery from an eating disorder as well...
    CONGRATULATIONS on your accomplishment! That's HUGE! Keep working at it, girl! You deserve to be healthy!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on here who just passed 200 days without disordered eating.
    I'll see if she can friend request you.

But really, this place is great. The people are sooo friendly, and will help you through anything you need. :)
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I don't suffer from these disorders, but I just want to say that I do hope you find the help you need. Best of luck to you.
  • julia23
    julia23 Posts: 87
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies. I'd love to speak to your friend what an inspiration !
  • vlr59
    vlr59 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't suffer from either disorder, but I wanted to add my best wishes to you. I hope that you will find the help, support and encouragement that you need. (I wish I could add something to help you.) Best of luck to you!
  • hannah_lin
    hannah_lin Posts: 54
    Options
    Good luck to you!! Great job stopping purging! :)
  • K251
    K251 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here, and I understand what you are going through. I have struggled with bulimia for the majority of my teenage years. I have overcome it by using different resources and by having some of the best friends ever. Understand that you are worth more and you will be so much happier when you beat it totally! If you want to talk just add me!
  • joyciebear
    joyciebear Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am hesitant to say I've overcome my eating disorder (bulimia). I've been bulimic for the last 13 years, and have been in and out of recovery for the last two years. There are times I still relapse but I try to get things in check asap because the longer I let things go, the harder it is to get back on the right track! If any of you guys want to add me please do! I'd love to make friends with other people trying to learn not to abuse their bodies in order to attain an ideal image.
  • wishfuldreams13
    Options
    hey. I've been in and out of recovery from anorexia and bulimia for only a few months now. I went into a treatment center. but I'm afraid to talk to them about my struggles lately. If you want to add me, it would be awesome to talk to others who know and understand what im going through!