20 lbs (and counting) in 3 months

Options
sfinsc
sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
edited August 2019 in Success Stories
At 5'4" and 152 lbs, I wasn't obese, but I had inched over into the overweight category. Then, back in May, I read How Not to Die by Michael Greger and realized how I was eating had contributed to my yo-yo dieting all these years. I've been eating whole foods plant based for the last three months and I've lost 20 lbs, and I'm continuing to lose weight. I've also had NSVs in the form of dropped body fat % (down to 26% now; didn't record it at the beginning so I don't know where I started, unfortunately) and losing inches (I've lost a total of 4.5" around my waist).

I'm really hopeful that I can stop yoyoing with my weight, as this feels sustainable and healthy as no diet ever has before. I can honestly say I don't miss any of the stuff I don't eat anymore, including sugar, which was a big addiction of mine.

Hope someone out there finds this helpful! :) For more info, you can visit: nutritionfacts.org. I'm not a spokesperson for Michael Greger or being paid or compensated in any way...just a big believer in this lifestyle!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!