I was doing everything right... Then i gaines 2 pouns

So, I've been doing really well with eating right and exercising. I've been logging all my food, and it looks like I'm on the right track. I weighed myself a few days ago, and I was 170. However, for the past couple days, the scale has been saying I'm over 172! How did that happen? I've been weighing myself in the mornings before I eat anything, so I don't think it's weight fluctuation that happens throughout the day. Has anyone had a similar experience?

P.S. I apologize for the horrible grammar in the topic sentence.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Weight fluctuates. You need to be looking at long-term trends. Pay attention to TOM also.

I have at least one spike per week. It's pretty normal.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I gain and lose off and on but usually by weigh in its all back to normal
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Your weight from day to day can be affected by food waste mass and also water retention. Do not worry about the day to day fluctuations and pay more attention to the week to week trends.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    I took a peek in your diary and I noticed that most days you're either under your calories or above them, by as much as 800 calories sometimes. While it all probably evens out for the most part and wouldn't cause weight gain, it can cause the scale to not show weight loss because of the inconsistent amount of food. (ex. waste weight and water weight).

Try to eat your workout calories everyday and do your best not to overeat so you're not compelled to under eat the next day. Be more consistent. Also there were 4 days in row at the beginning of this month were you didn't log, so again, consistency.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    sodium can be the devil as well.... on high sodium days, drown yourself in water.......
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,864 Member
    http://www.justinowings.com/understanding-bodyweight-and-glycogen-de/

4-5 pounds gains are just glycogen stores replenishing or depleting.
  • First of all, 2 lbs is quite normal fluctuation (even if always at the same time of day, I also always weigh early am before food/after 1st void). Some days I eat too much and lose a little weight. Considering eating an extra 300 calories is less than 1/10 of a pound equivalent, when I lose weight or gain some after that, it's not directly related. Way to go with your good habits you are building! Stay with it and know that you WILL see results if you are eating less and exercising more than before. Stay precise with measuring as much as you can and don't over estimate exercise calories! Good luck, and you will see a lower weight.