Insightful conversation about my diary?

Options
sroberts1522
sroberts1522 Posts: 14 Member
edited September 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I opened my diary up, in 30 days, I have only lost 4lbs and I need some insight from anyone! Lol In 2012, I lost 106lbs and I am working to do that again, but in hindsight I think I did it in a very unhealthy way. I would love friends too! Accountability isn’t an issue for me, I will definitely pump you up! Thank you!!

Edited to include that I have had my thyroid checked and it is normal.

Replies

• sroberts1522
    Options
    I went to diary settings and marked it public, is there something else I need to do? ... and to speak to my expectations, you may be right. I was eating under 1200 and working out like a fiend. I was losing 13lbs a month and I know that is not healthy. I lost those 4lbs the first week in and not much else after that.

Otherwise, started at 286, today’s weight was 281.2 and I’m 5’3
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hmm, still says private. Did you save the setting?

At your height and weight you could lose a little faster. Definitely don't eat under 1200 though.
  • sroberts1522
    Options
    I added you, checked my sharing and it’s public...
  • sroberts1522
    Options
    I am weighing things out, however I want to be mindful of stuff like this because in the history of history, no one has ever gotten fat on a cup fruit or vegetable. When I lost weight the last time, I didn’t eat if I didn’t weigh it out and that obsession was hard to live by long term. This might be my expectations. I appreciate all feedback! I really do. There is a post about eating under 1200 calories and that was my life before without the health issues, I just happytonfdt pregnant instead of finishing my goals. 7 years later and back to square one!
    duskyjewel wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    Ok! I took a quick look and I'm seeing a lot of cups and teaspoons when it comes to sauces and stuff. That will never be accurate, so for now, try to weigh absolutely everything in grams and ounces. There's a chance you're eating more than you think.

I find this so ridiculous. If you're actually measuring cups and teaspoons, yes it is accurate if you know what brand it is or the recipe used.

Not everyone is willing to submit to the level of micro-control that using a food scale represents.

1 pound a week is a perfectly acceptable and sustainable rate of loss. OP you said you lost faster last time but also admit you did it in an unhealthy way. So accept that healthy weight loss is slow and keep doing what you're doing, which is clearly successful.

• sroberts1522
    Options
    Oh my!

I know right? Lol
  • sroberts1522
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Oh my my!

We need that new dislike button pronto!

Which part?
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Oh my my!

We need that new dislike button pronto!

Which part?

Submitting to the level of micro-controlling. It implies I'm being brainwashed into using a food scale.

Your interpretations are on you.