Whole30

Starting the Whole30 plan today has anyone else ised this plan?

Replies

• ckam78
    ckam78 Posts: 39 Member
    I have. Felt amazing! Didn’t have the headaches and all. I am not much of cook, so was lucky that a local service (Chicago) does prepared Whoel30 meals. If you have similar - great option. Otherwise, meal prep.... think through a day or 2 ahead and have plans so you aren’t tempted by non compliant choices. Whole Foods carries Tessamaes (check labels) so you can get some sauces/condiments unless you are planning to make your own. WF also has 1 brand of compliant bacon (can’t remember but ask for the sugar free one) and these apple chicken sausages that are great and compliant. Also Lara bars have few compliment varieties (again, check label for which. I remember the cherry one)... good to have few for emergencies. Good luck! 🍀
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Why can't you weigh or measure yourself on Whole 30?
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I thought about it once (back when they still banned potatoes on really weak reasoning), and when I thought about the healthy foods (IMO) that I would be cutting out decided not to. I have no problem with dairy and consider whole grains (although I'm not that into grains so don't eat that much of them) and beans/lentils positive additions to my diet.

IMO, the biggest benefit is forcing people who aren't already in the habit to do lots of home cooking, eat more vegetables, and just be more thoughtful about meals, but I was already doing that so even though I love a challenge decided there would be no point. But I do think it could be helpful for some, although I think just committing to a period of eating healthfully and homecooking meals for 30 days would be as good or better for those people.
  • CassieHicks845
    CassieHicks845 Posts: 1 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Since the point of the Whole30 is a 30-day elimination where you reintroduce common allergens after the program, there is no need to weigh yourself since it's not a weight loss program or a diet.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Since the point of the Whole30 is a 30-day elimination where you reintroduce common allergens after the program, there is no need to weigh yourself since it's not a weight loss program or a diet.

This may be the original purpose, but it has been adopted at least as much as a weight loss diet as it is an allergy elimination diet.
  • Love_2_Hike
    Love_2_Hike Posts: 103 Member
    I love a whole30. I have done many over the past years, often going past the 30. Keeps me on track, no junk. I feel awesome after.