New workout. thoughts?

Options
psychod787
psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
Was working off an old template from a workout made for me. Was planning on adding some volume to my triceps, chest and biceps. Was running straight 4x12-15 rpe 9 Was thinking of adding some higher rep ranges with slightly lighter weights to increase volume to those areas.

incline bp 4x12-15 rpe 9
supinated lat pulls
cable rows
facepulls
cable wide grip curls 3x12-15 rpe9 1x20-30 rpe 10
cable fly 1x20-30 rpe10

leg press 4x12-15 rpe 9
RDL
Leg extension
leg curl
cable crunch 4x15-20 rpe 10

decline bp 4x12-15 rpe 10
med grip lat pulls
one arm dumbbell rows
seated overhead press
cable wide grip curls 3x12-15 rpe9 1x20-30 rpe 10
cable fly 1x20-30 rpe10
standing lateral raise 1 x20-30 rpe 10

leg press 4x12-15 rpe 10
glute extension
Leg extension
leg curl
Cable crunch 4x15-20 rpe 10

Replies

• joshsduggan
    joshsduggan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would switch between that and something with more weight and less reps to build size and strength as well as stay shredded. I find it works best for me but everyone's different.

Something like that after a while will just train your muscle for endurance instead of help you grow and shred. Unless endurance is what you're after?

Also depends on your overall size and strength goals I suppose.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What are your goals? It seems like everything is extremely high rep.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

general hypertrophy by increased volume. Regaining weight to come to a more maintainable one. Just want to gain as much LM as possible while not putting my joints under terribly heavy weights.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »

general hypertrophy by increased volume. Regaining weight to come to a more maintainable one. Just want to gain as much LM as possible while not putting my joints under terribly heavy weights.

What i would personally do for that goal is vary my reps a bit. I like hitting the big moves at 4-6 or 5-7, and then hit my accessories at 6-12. And occasionally do 12-20 for things like calf raises. My reason for the power move is that it will improve the accessory moves, which should allow for more volume.

Additionally, I would replace decline bench with regular bench. You will still be hitting the peck major muscles. Also, there is no tricep work, so I would add that to balance the bicep work.

Also, to help with joints and overall work recovery, deload every 6-12 weeks
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    All those high rep isolation sets are likely more stressful on your joints than properly performed heavy squats presses and deadlifts...