looking for a support network to help motivate/be motivated

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and would really like to meet some supportive people who I can share my experiences with and hopefully make some friends along the way :smile:

I currently weigh 189lbs, having put on 70lbs in the last 5 years. It's been a really low time, my boyfriend left me and I've withdrawn into myself quite a bit. I want to be realistic with this weight loss thing, so I've aimed to lose 35lbs, I don't want to get disheartened watching my little ticker go slowly, but I'd love to lose more and I hope that I can!

Anyone who'd like to help, please add me. At the moment my 'diet' isn't so much a diet, I'm still eating the things I love but I'll have one biscuit rather than the entire pack! Whilst the weather is nice, I'm trying out couch to 5k. I'd love to be improve my levels of fitness and this seems like a great way to do it. Has anyone else attempted training in this way? I'd love to hear about it :drinker:

Replies

• lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hi naaoommiii,

I haven't got seriously into the exercise thing at the moment but do need to because my job involves sitting in a car for 8 or more hours a day. I have made little changes such as wobbling around on the Wii, walking the dog a little more and parking at the back of supermarket car parks so that I have to walk that little further.

I have set my first goal low, losing the 30 lbs I gained by giving up smoking but to get to my ideal weight would be 84 lbs but that would seem too far for me at the moment as I am only just starting out as well.

One thing that has surprised me so far is how much I can eat when I eat the right things and many of those right things turn out to be foods that I really enjoy as well.

And on top of everything, because I am not going hungry I can still indulge in the occasional glass of wine and still come in within my calorie limit :-)
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: honey we all have troubles from time to time with depression! i certainly have had my share but you have come to the right place for weight loss! mfp friends give you support & encouragement so you feel like reaching your goals! i am sending a friend request your way! welcome aboard!
  • Mandingo15
    Mandingo15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started using this for real August 1, 2013. I have lost 17.6 pounds using this and exercising. This stuff works no b.s., you need to commit, and have will power. My weakness in will power is why I have to cover 35 miles a week to maintain my pace. Put it on something you love. I.e. I can't snowboard till I reach my first goal which was 48 pounds away. That kind of idea. It isn't easy, I am new here too, just wish everyone success.
  • missy20703
    missy20703 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    Also if you are on Facebook check out my fitness page www.facebook.com/StayFitOrDietTrying
    Make sure to "like" the page so you can see all the motivational posts, recipes and mini workouts! Feel free to ask questions or share stuff that motivates you too!
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..always looking for new friends