Workout Routine/ Advice

Options
Hi my name’s Ellie and I’m not new to mfp but I’m certainly new to the forums haha. A little bit about me- I started doing more powerlifting related workouts around 8 months ago and started strictly monitoring nutrition 3 months ago and am 17 pounds down now! I haven’t seen a recent workout sharing forum on here so I figured I would start one up especially since it can get hard to be creative for the gym every day.

For example I did a hamstring and glute workout with a little bit of back work today... it took me around 2 hours since I had the time (don’t expect that all the time lol I usually average 45-1hour)
15 min stair master

Hamstring/glutes
4x12 cable pull through
6x12 dumbbell deadlifts
4x12 hamstrung curls
4x12 each leg single leg db
6x20 cable deadlifts

Back
4x20 Seated cable rows
4x12 Face pulls
4x12 Rear prone delt Series (T to Y) SS w/10 lateral raise
4x16 Chest supported rows
4x16 Single side lat pull downs

I hope to get to know y’all better and would love it if you joined me on this journey! Feel free to send me a friend request!
-Ellie

Replies

• Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Honestly, your workout looks very inefficient. Many isolation exercises and missing key compounds. Even with isolation lifts, if you're not progressively increasing weight you're going nowhere.

I'd strongly suggest looking into a proven program (All-Pros, Strong Lifts, etc). You have the motivation; time to dial it in.
  • owr35
    owr35 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Okay thank you!
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Powerlifting related workouts = barbell squat bench deadlift