Add to next day

Options
If u overeat your calories at night, do you add them to the next day or start fresh?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I add them on the day I ate them (I usually count the end of the day to be when I go to bed). It doesn't really matter when you track them. Your body is keeping an accurate count regardless of what you do.
  • slimdownt
    slimdownt Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I add them on the day I ate them (I usually count the end of the day to be when I go to bed). It doesn't really matter when you track them. Your body is keeping an accurate count regardless of what you do.

So do you eat less the next day to compensate?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    No. It is what it is. Most of the time when I overeat it's for a special occasion (therefore a one off). I figure I need to learn how to work in special occasions once I'm at goal, and doing it now is a good way to figure that out. If I've overeaten due to cravings/feeling really hungry, etc. then I will look at the whys. Have I been eating too low calories over the last little while? If yes, then my daily target needs to be reevaluated. Have I been working out more (weightlifting and swimming are the two that set my appetite through the roof)? Do I need to temporarily increase my calories while I adjust to different activity levels? Have I been getting enough fat/fibre/protein? Maybe my calorie levels are fine, but my macros need tweaking.
  • slimdownt
    slimdownt Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm working on macros they are hard to hit and stay under. I'll get there but right now fat is either over or carbs are. I stay within calorie range though.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I log the extra food into the food diary at the time I eat it. I try to figure out why I went over budget, then forgive myself and continue on as usual.

I don't pay much attention to the macros. I focus on staying in a calorie deficit.