safe post C section workouts?

Options
heatheryhamlet
heatheryhamlet Posts: 3
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I am 5 weeks postpartum from a c section. My doctor has cleared me for light exercise. "No insanity!" he says. Besides walking, what would you consider light exercise? I feel like I'm ready to get this ball rolling.

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Stick with the walking and maybe some light stretching. Overextending yourself at this point would be folly. There is no rush and your health is of the utmost importance.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Walk and take it easy. My scar came open at about 8 weeks PP. You're not fully healed yet at 5 weeks PP, so just be patient and ease back into things.

Congrats on your baby!
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Agreeing with whierd! After both my c-sections I did some of the Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home dvds. I lost weight and I still love her dvds. I watched what I ate (make sure you're eating enough if you're breastfeeding!) and did her workouts maybe 3 or 4 times a week. Her Fat Burn tape was really good and she recommends no heavier than 3lb. dumbbells. Check with you doctor but that should be okay. Start out slowly and you'll be fine. Congratulations on your new baby!
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    These are 2 low impact workouts to try
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Postnatal-Workout-or-Post-Abdominal-Surgery-Workout/co/
    http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/workout-detail/Beginner-Pilates-Workout-Video-Great-Post-Pregnancy-Workout-for-New-Mothers/d1/
    make sure you don't go nuts cause c-sections are hard to get over, just make sure you are healthy and healing well first :)
    I tried 30 DS 4 weeks PP and it was not a good idea so I know this lol.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Hard to say because it's your body & only you will know how quickly you will heal.

My first I healed really quickly & the doc was amazed - my 2nd c-section wasn't so quick.

I'd stick with walking. That is all you will need for now. Enjoy the new bundle of joy :smile:
This discussion has been closed.