In a rut and just "dont care"

Options
The title says it all. I have been going strong with motivation to get healthier for awhile now but had a really stressful week (losing my job in 2 weeks, car broke down, bats in the house and I'm so tired I can barely think straight) and didn't eat as well as I should have as compared to my normal healthy eating.

I didn't beat myself up over it, I just said tomorrow will be better.

Well, that day was today and I have no motivation to "make it better".
I just don't care if I eat junk. or take my walks. WTH!?! I I love going on walks and maybe I'm just having an off day today...

What do you do when your in a "funk"?

Advice, tips?

Replies

• DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    It's hard when things aren't going well. Usually, when things get like that, I switch to maintenance and try to give myself permission to chill out if I need it. I get back on track to losing when things ease up and my stress levels decrease. You're in no rush. If you need to, take a little down time and take the pressure off.

Hope things improve for you soon.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump I have had many of these, including right now, so any advice would be great.

ETA: spelling error didn't mean "bum"
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just really try to change the I don't give a crap attitude about it and get back on track asap. Everyone needs a break, and I take them, but I try to plan it. I myself have seen those no motivation days turn very quickly into weeks and months and twenty pound gains. Then I was right back to having to start over, but even worse as I was heavier then before. For me its about looking ahead rather than in hindsight knowing what I did wrong.
  • todd6977
    todd6977 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    same here I feel the same way just stuck and don't really care
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    It's hard when things aren't going well. Usually, when things get like that, I switch to maintenance and try to give myself permission to chill out if I need it.

Hope things improve for you soon.

I couldn't give better advice than this. Good luck. :smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    nothing goes my way...currently job searching...low on cash etc etc however one thing I do have control of..how I take care of my body..if I fail at this its my fault, Im not telling you what to do but I know I feel a lot better knowing I did what I needed to do in regards to the one thing I can control...
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    You are young, there will be a lot of bumps in the road. I have been thru a few job losses (devastating) a divorce, kids leaving home, menopause but I know we have to take care of ourself. After we get thru and start moving on we will be glad if we don't let ourself get fat. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other (I know easier said than done) and say I will take care of me!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It depends.

If I honestly just need a IDGAF day or week, and I haven't had one in a while, then I take it.

If I need a swift kick in the *kitten*, then I give myself one, and get out and get my workout done.

Most of the time it's the latter, and I suck it up as not caring doesn't help me with my goals.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It depends.

If I honestly just need a IDGAF day or week, and I haven't had one in a while, then I take it.

If I need a swift kick in the *kitten*, then I give myself one, and get out and get my workout done.

Most of the time it's the latter, and I suck it up as not caring doesn't help me with my goals.

This.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Maybe I just needed to hear that I wasn't "bad" for letting life and healthy eating get away from me. Its hard not to get down on yourself a little bit. I am normally a "silver lining" personality so this is weird for me.

I am feeling overwhelmed today and going toward the IDGAF day. I am going to change things up by having a nice walk tomorrow with my dogs and that usually changes my attitude.

Also, early to bed might help ;)
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It depends.

Hmm, can you give ME a swift kick in the *kitten*?? :bigsmile:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a few days to breathe & deal with the things that have happened. It is hard to get out of a funk sometimes when it seems like everything is going wrong.

Maybe hang out with some family, friends who are uplifting & fun to be around. I hope you get out of your rut soon :flowerforyou:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    It depends.

I'd rather he spank me. :happy:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Read through some of the success stories. Allegedly mine is inspiring. Check it out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/918358-they-cut-my-head-open-your-excuse-is-invalid
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    It depends.

I'd rather he spank me. :happy:

He is pretty awesome at that. :love:
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    In life, it's always up to you.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    It depends.

LOL! :drinker:
  • twilightnight86
    Options
    I've been the same way and would love some type of motivation/support. After having my son last month, I've been dealing with PPD, and I just don't care if I put all the weight back on. I have over 100lbs I need to lose (i only gained 9 with the baby).
  • Ademar111
    Ademar111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    have you tried kickboxing classes or a core class? Even when you are down and just don't give a damn, working out will help you feel better; it and food are things you can control. Unfortunately losing your job and car breaking down are not, plus punching a bag might help relieve a whole bunch of stress.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I've been the same way and would love some type of motivation/support. After having my son last month, I've been dealing with PPD, and I just don't care if I put all the weight back on. I have over 100lbs I need to lose (i only gained 9 with the baby).

Are you getting help for the PPD?