Glute band recommendations?

Options
I'm after a glute fabric resistance band but I've just been on Amazon and I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the different brands and options.

Can anyone recommend a brand?

HMH resistance band looks good but its £12.99 for one band and you can get sets of 3 for a few pounds more. I've no idea if that is pricey for what it is? The reviews are all very positive. Is it better to get one good band or a set of 3?

If it helps for context, I'm a runner and I'm looking to strengthen my glutes.

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    There are many ways to strengthen your glutes without bands. If you want to use a band as well I don't think you need anything fancy. I have a couple that I almost never use (not sure of the brand but they didn't cost much). The one you linked to looks as good as any I have.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I use the Sling Shot hip circle, also Bret Contreras has fabric loops which are fantastic and he sells through his website. I also have rubbery ones but the fabric ones are really durable and high resistance.
  • Nativestar56
    Nativestar56 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @dewd2 Thanks for replying! I know I don't have to use bands but I don't have a gym membership. I do body weight exercises at home and just wanted to add some resistance now that I'm getting stronger. I have a couple of hand weights but you can't use them for every exercise.

@sardelsa Thank you for your suggestions! Bret Contreras isn't easily available in the UK as far as I can see. Sling Shot looks good but it's £26 ($31.60) which is more than I planned on spending.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I bought this set for warm-ups before weightlifting and really like them. The tension is pretty strong for all three bands though just in case you were looking for something with lighter resistance. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HT367S6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I have the rubber ones but really like the fabric one I recently bought in the UK (Amazon).

Resistance Hip Band | Heavy Duty Glute Activation Band for Men or Women | Free Exercise Guide | Glute Resistance Band for Strength Training, Weight Loss, Pilates and Thigh, Hip and Booty Exercise
    by Atemi Sports
    4.9 out of 5 stars
    Price: £12.95

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I bought my bands at the dollar store!! They come in a pack of three for $1.25 and they work GREAT!!!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    @dewd2 Thanks for replying! I know I don't have to use bands but I don't have a gym membership. I do body weight exercises at home and just wanted to add some resistance now that I'm getting stronger. I have a couple of hand weights but you can't use them for every exercise.

I'm sorry, I think my comment came out wrong. :( What I should have said was that I rarely use my straps since I find other glute exercises work better for me. I don't go to a gym either for this. Hip thrusts, split squats, and romanian deadlifts can be done at home without weights (or with kettle balls or dumbbells).