eating disorder

I’ve been struggling with an ed for a few months now and it’s been really hard to stay on track with the amount of calories I’m supposed to be eating. I’m not really getting any support for it and I’m not getting any help for it at all so it’s been really hard trying to do it all on my on. I’ve been trying really hard to get better but I just keep failing. does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• slushiefunds
    slushiefunds Posts: 3 Member
    I guess.... the best advice I can give is figure out what support system you need and them go out and try to find it. Are you over eating? Under eating? Is your goal weight more of less? Set goals and stick to them for yourself first and foremost, then talk to people about your goals and ask for help and support! I've never had an eating disorder, but the people in my life have. It was hard to tell when things were getting really bad until they were bad, but when someone comes to me and says- hey! I'm feeling like I want to throw up the last few days and it's not getting better- I can sit and talk with them and try to come up with solutions.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    edited September 2019
    yeah, I agree with slushie, find someone and be honest...a school nurse or counselor, a doctor, a priest/pastor, a good friend or family member. Face to face support is always a good idea.

I've found the worst thing for any anxiety issue or addiction is to stay in my own head about it. Then it just keeps getting worse. I can't heal myself with the same thoughts that caused the problem. Talk to someone honestly ...(hug))