Mindset

Options
2»

Replies

• Iamw0ndrw0man
    Iamw0ndrw0man Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to fuel by frustration or stress into working out harder, but somehow lost the ability when I stopped working out a couple of years ago :( but perhaps that could work for you?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    What makes me work harder and better is creating habits and the discipline to stick with them.

If you are referring to motivation, that's something I can't count on, so don't.

Amen! My beliefs. There is a happy place! That keeps me going.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well I don't "work hard", I am just trying to love and accept myself. Not to stress about who I am and work on enjoying life and being happy
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I'm a sad, jaded individual, so for me, working harder has gotten me nowhere. I've been able to meet my goals by figuring out the laziest way to do it while still rewarding myself handsomely for what little effort I did put in. So I guess my mantra would be "work smarter, not harder, but make it look like you're just working harder".

Yep, all of this. I do things I like and try to make sure that the barriers to doing those things are as low as possible. If there's something I like less but see the usefulness of (ie. riding my bike inside), I will try to make the experience of doing that thing as enjoyable as possible and remind myself that not doing so will not help with my various goals.