I’m back

Options
I used this site some years ago and it was helping me out greatly. Then I had a total thyroid removal and it had been a down hill battle. I ended up hitting a max weigh in at 410lbs although Im pretty sure I weighted up to 450 at one point. At my heaviest I was having serious medical issues but because I didn’t have insurance the hospitals would treat me, tell me that my problem was my weight and if I lost weight my problem would go away. I had three blood transfusions due to excessive menstral bleeding. I developed antibodies to the blood and even though they knew this they would give me blood that was incompatible with me. This caused a delayed reaction that caused me to get pneumonia. Also I was accused of not taking my thyroid meds because my Tsh levels were so high. I moved to Kentucky to get insurance and proper health care. At this point I was so swollen I could barely walk. I was having seizures in my sleep, was sleeping 20+hours a day, and couldn’t focus or remember things. I stopped going to work and was basically dying. When I got to my I went to see a primary care physician who ran bloodwork. I was called the next morning and told to go to the ER for a blood transfusion. My RBC was at a 4. During the course of a year there I got a hysterectomy to get rid of uterine cancer which turns out was my biggest problem. I then became diabetic and had a sugar level of 775 and changed my lifestyle. A couple months later I was rushed in for emergency gallbladder removal surgery. It was so bad they could only do a partial. In the course of a year I had 4 surgical procedures and was on the right path to get healthier. I lost a massive amount of weight and have moved back to Texas. My weight loss has slowed down so I thought this site might help keep me motivated. I am now down to 250 but still have about 100lbs to lose. Wish me luck and good luck on your journeys.

Replies

• aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺 Best of Luck