Can someone help with a fitness plan?

Options
Can someone please help me create a fitness plan or suggest somewhere I can go to do it free myself? Right now I'm just doing cardio & don't really have a real plan what to do.

Replies

• Clairin
    Clairin Posts: 95 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi I'm using an app called female fitness. It's got videos and countdown timer and different levels to choose with training. It links with Google fit which links with my fitness Pal app.
  • Livhere
    Livhere Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks i'll check it out right now!
  • Livhere
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Sorry I thought I put that in this post, I guess I forgot. I want to lose weight while also trying to define my muscles. I'm not in a hurry to lose weight or want to see fast results now. I know it'll happen when it happens & to just keep up with creating more healthy habits, & strength building first. I'm 27, 4'9", & my daily calorie intake is 1300 right now. Also the only supplement I take is a women's multivitamin. I don't know anything about BCAA's or anything like that, but created a separate post for that.

My cardio is basically doing full body workouts while I'm at the gym. I do reps on the ab machine, then go to work on my buttocks, arms, back, thighs, chest, then after all that & hopping from machine to machine, I go jogging on the treadmill for roughly about 30-45 minutes. I try to keep my heart rate between 160-180bpm while I'm on, then sometimes during the week I do yoga & dancing. On rest days I alternate between swimming or taking my dog for a long walk.
  • scottyaus2732
    scottyaus2732 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing the above?

The reason I ask is that is pretty intense and you should be seeing result if you have been doing it for a while.

I do note that apart from mentioning supplements you don’t talk about what you eat in that 1300 calories. If it’s balanced and wholesome food you are doing more than enough to kick *kitten*.
  • Livhere
    Options
    I started changing my eating habits almost a month ago, but I didn't start hitting the gym really seriously till about a week ago. I cut out all the crap I was eating like sugar, processed foods, & don't eat out nearly as often, so in that time I've lost about 4lbs in the last month. I had a weigh in yesterday when I saw my nutritionist.

I'm a vegetarian & wanted to get back to eating wholesome foods, so lately I've been eating smaller portions of my carbs because I tend to overeat especially when it comes to that which is still my biggest challenge. I try to follow the serving suggestions on the food packages. I've been eating a lot of greens like lettuce, broccoli, celery, zucchini, I only eat 100% whole wheat bread now or multi-grain bread, dairy in moderation, peanut butter, dry fruits & nuts. I do keep a food journal to track what I'm eating during a day so I don't go over or under my calories.

I also have been drinking just water for the majority of the day. Occasionally, I will have a cup of Mio water or lifewater, but try to stick to regular water throughout the day. I don't leave anywhere without my water bottle if I'm going somewhere. I also try to drink at least 1 cup of 100% juice. I used to drink a protein shake right before I exercised, but I've run out so yesterday I picked up a few protein bars to try out this week.

I am starting to see some results. I now have upper abs that are starting to show now which is a bit exciting tbh.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Did you just join the gym? Every gym I've ever joined has given me 1-3 sessions with a personal trainer for free, and many have also had small group classes with a trainer for very cheap or free.

I understand "hopping around" machines - I used to do that myself. However, I am much happier with my progress after slowing way the heck down and using more weights with less reps.

The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess was available in my library system and perhaps yours as well. If you do see a trainer, mention that to them.

(I just use it as a reference for the concept of "lifting like a man" - I didn't like the way the exercises were laid out and a lot of them didn't suit my particular challenges.)
  • Livhere
    Options
    No, I've been with them for a while. They don't offer free trial personal trainers. I asked last week for help & they referred me to the wall of personal trainers that you have to pay for. They do offer all their fitness classes there free though, but to be honest I don't like those group workouts.

I have the Libby app which is connected to my local library. Sometimes you can checkout e-books on there or hold a book at your library on reserve for you. It would seem they don't have that book at my library. I will try seeing if there is one available on kindle though
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like to do cardio every morning and then lift heavy 2-3x/wk in the evening. My lifts are based on stronglifts 5x5, but I add more deadlifts, split lunges, and pull-ups.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Livhere wrote: »
    No, I've been with them for a while. They don't offer free trial personal trainers. I asked last week for help & they referred me to the wall of personal trainers that you have to pay for. They do offer all their fitness classes there free though, but to be honest I don't like those group workouts.

I have the Libby app which is connected to my local library. Sometimes you can checkout e-books on there or hold a book at your library on reserve for you. It would seem they don't have that book at my library. I will try seeing if there is one available on kindle though

I don't like the kindle versions of books that are heavy on graphics as this one is.

You can also check for the paper version of their later book, "Strong".
  • Livhere
    Options
    Thank you! I'm currently on my way out to see my Dr, but I will look for the book once I get back!

I can't do push ups or pull ups just yet, but your routine sounds great! 🙂