"Wet cupping" NSFW!!!! Great for back pain o-O

Options
2»

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    If it works, then great. It's a bit unconventional though. I think conventional medicine has it's head up it butt. Who knows? We really know very little about the body and how things work.

I know that getting hickeys never relived any illnesses I had. I'm pretty sure bleeding hickeys wouldn't either.

It's easy to be cynical. But, you never know. If you had an illness that no one could could solve, and this seemed to relieve the pain, you might just become a believer. Judging is easy. Walking in others shoes is a bit tougher.

There were a lot of open minded individuals like yourself back in the middle/dark ages and they 'cured' all sorts of sicknesses with blood letting just like this. I think there's enough evidence that draining the body of its blood while sick does not improve health but compromises it.

But we know what the purpose of blood is today. We know that there isn't 'bad blood' caused by sin and the devil that needs to be drained. We know that blood seeping from open wounds is not dead (as is claimed by this video). We know its function and understand how it affects different parts of the body. They didn't know that back then so they get a pass. They had no choice but to guess. Fortunately, we don't have to guess about something as cut and dry as this one.

Are there some alternative medicine practices that could be useful that we don't fully understand? Sure but this isn't one of them.

No need for the personal attacks, you can make the point using civil methods.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    wtf is "wet cupping"? I'm at work and I can't watch videos on here
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    So this isn't about what Italians do in the shower then? Very disappointed.