Hoping for a few good friends

Options
Hi there! I'm not new to MFP, but haven't been here for a couple years, during which I gained back all the weight I lost previously and then some.

I'm a 50 yr old woman, recently been told I am prediabetic, and will stop this madness now. I am COMMITTED to logging every single day and I'm looking for others who want to give and receive support who are also committed. My diary is open, and I use a food scale and measure and log absolutely everything. I'm not following any type of "diet" other than trying to avoid quick/added sugars. Been here 20 days so far and down 8 lbs, with LOTS to go!

A few things about me: Accountant, desk job, supportive husband, have a Yorkie and two grown up kids (25 & 28). Just walking for exercise right now but plan on adding in strength training soon. I live in beautiful British Columbia, Canada.

Replies

• NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've seen your posts around. I'm 43, and I too have a desk job on the otherside of the spectrum (IRS). Most days I am so busy that I eat at my desk. I've become very adaptive to healthy meal substitutes. I'm diabetic, but it's in remission due to weight loss and diet for the past 2-3 years. I'm over 200lbs, down from 340 many many years ago. I wake early 5-6 days a week and work out with floor exercises, weights, and then cycle for an hour. I do have kettlebell, but discovered I need to strengthen my knees before getting into tense routine.

Congratulations on your loss so far, you're doing an amazing job!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

You're doing great so far and that confirms your dedication and motivation. Good luck with your journey!
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just came back, too. I'm a 52 year old librarian, so I'm sitting for a good portion of my day. I previously lost 50ish pounds, but gained some back. I am determined not to gain it all, so I have re-dedicated myself to getting healthier. I'm going to send you a friend request. I can always use more friends.

Wish you the best!
    Elena