What's your pre-workout & Post-workout food?

Options
Livhere
Livhere Posts: 141 Member
edited September 2019 in Food and Nutrition
What's your pre-workout & post-workout food? As in what kind of meals, snacks or, whatever? I used to drink a protein shake before my workout, but recently bought a few protein bars to try out since I'm out of shake. I really like these bars, but don't want to eat only them before a workout. Post-workout I usually have some celery & peanut butter or a sandwich. What do you eat?

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I eat food about 1 - 1.5 hours before I work out. Then I eat more food pretty much within 30 - 60mins tops after I work out.

Real food. Like proper meals.
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    I do a carb that I can use during the workout such as an apple or a banana. The protein shake is too hard to digest right before a workout. I do that right after my workout within 30 minutes or so.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat a little protein and carbs before, sometimes I train fasted and eat after. There is no particular plan or scheme. It all depends on the day and what else I have going on. The key point is, it doesn't matter. Nutrient timing is one of the least important factor for 99%+of the population.

I mainly focus on calories and protein over the course of the day. The rest, for me, takes care of itself. Don't make it harder than it has to be. Eat well focusing on cals, protein and fats, (for some, I hit this without trying) let carbs fall where they may. Do this over the course of the day and follow a proven weekly training program. You will progress.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Cars about two hours before. Protein bar after
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout is a slow-digesting and complex carbs. I eat steel cut oats, banana, nut butter, and cold brew coffee about 1-2 hours before exercising. Post-workout is a fast digesting protein, like whey protein, with some dextrose and glutamine. I follow that up about an hour later with protein and slow-digesting carbs.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Coffee an hour before with a protein/carb snack, candy pre/intraworkout, lunch (high protein meal) postworkout