How often do you weigh in?

Options
Just curious how often do you step on the scale? Every day? Once a week? Once a month? Never?

Replies

• braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I usually step on the scale at least once a day but I only log it into myfitnesspal once a week (give or take). It helps me to see the fluctuations from day to day and understand that it is normal and ok as long as I'm still seeing the overall weight loss trend long term (week to week)
  • stephkg84
    stephkg84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh in once a week at the same time as to keep a very consistent basis.
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was initially logging my weight once a week but after a good 3 months of that affecting me mentally (lol) I'm switching to logging every 2 weeks. I still weigh myself out of curiosity here and there but am not obsessive with it.
  • Livhere
    Livhere Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I weigh myself probably every other day since the scale is in our hallway, but I never obssess over the numbers. I do the same as @o0kody0o ,it helps me keep on track to make healthier eating choices when I see where it's at and how much closer I am to my goal. If I see the scale says I gained weight, I try not to get too upset because it could just as well be water weight or bloating & then will go back down in a couple days.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    once a week, typically.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Once a day when I wake in the morning after bathroom visit, before breakfast. I use Trendweight to keep an eye on the long term trend, and update MFP of any new weight changes once a month.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Every morning unless I'm out of town.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Every morning, after bathroom and before cardio. Thinking of going to more of a log it in MFP once a week approach, rather than logging every day. But for sure, getting on the scale every morning keeps me "honest" as far as snacking the previous night. I always want the best morning readout I can get.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log it in Libra, which produces a weight loss trend that helps me understand fluctuations better. I only log it into MFP when I make new weight loss progress though. I don't want to be showing my friends that I'm "losing" the same couple of pounds over and over again, so I wait until I have positive movement, even if it takes a few weeks.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a month, about (actually once a period cycle, so more like the lunar month). Keeps the water weight fluctuations to a minimum, and I like seeing consistent losses.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Livhere wrote: »
    Just curious how often do you step on the scale? Every day? Once a week? Once a month? Never?

Every single morning.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week. I found weighing everyday was causing me to obsess about it, so I stopped doing that.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. It keeps me engaged in the process. My scale syncs with the Health Mate app, which then syncs to mfp.

If you weigh daily, you have to accept that fluctuations and plateaus are a normal part of the process.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log that into the Happy Scale app daily.

I log my weight into MFP once per month, at the lowest part of the month - about a week after my period starts.

I experimented with weighing less often and it didn't go well :(
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    @Hannahwalksfar

Can we help?
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    When forced at a doctor's office, lol.

I become too obsessed and discouraged by fluctuations and that number on a scale.

I keep tabs on my pants size, measurements, pictures, and how I feel. Recently cut down taking measurements and pictures to once a month.
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    @Emmapatterson1729

I started out measuring once a month. I figured it wouldn't be worth it doing it more often. How often did you start out taking measurements?