Not making any progress with body fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• l4zl0w
    l4zl0w Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bulking up might be a good idea. Even if you end up losing that last bit of fat, you will still look very skinny if I got your body image right based on your description.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    l4zl0w wrote: »
    Bulking up might be a good idea. Even if you end up losing that last bit of fat, you will still look very skinny if I got your body image right based on your description.

Yes I would, Even now with a T-shirt on I look small and fine.

Given what I have told you thus far how much would I be able to bulk up to before cutting? 180-190? Or would it just depend on what the mirror says?
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    A recomp is slower but will accomplish the same over time. As middlehaitch said, move to a hypertrophy program and eat at maintenance. And have patience. The changes are slow. But, for me, not that much different than a bulk/cut cycle. I get it. I'm not up for gaining after working so hard to lose 35lbs or so.

Well PPL is the original hypertrophy program.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    dave_in_ni wrote: »
    l4zl0w wrote: »

Yes I would, Even now with a T-shirt on I look small and fine.

Given what I have told you thus far how much would I be able to bulk up to before cutting? 180-190? Or would it just depend on what the mirror says?

I would suggest 15-20 lbs for starters, then reassess.

PPL can be strength or hypertrophy, depends on reps, sets, rest, load, volume, etc.