Tips for continuing new eating lifestyle during vacation

Options
2»

Replies

• Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    chdier wrote: »
    thanks for all the helpful advice. To answer a WinoGelato's question. I don't know specifically how much I weighed when I started but I have been morbidly obese for the last 18 years. Out of college I got down to 275 and throughout the years have lost and gained more. Then this past year when the scale we have that only goes up to 400 kept saying error I knew I had to lose a lot of weight or I wasn't going to be around for much longer. So I put in my stats in MFP and when I started it said to keep calories at 2500 I have been trying to stick to between 1500 and 2000 usually more to 1500. My ultimate goal is to get to 200 lbs. so almost half way to my goal. My trick will be keeping it off this time.

As a person who is Class 3 Obese, I really do understand the desire to have quick success, but there are health risks and downsides. Others also posted concerns about losing too rapidly, especially considering your heart is a muscle. You stated that MFP gave you a goal of 2,500 calories, but that you are usually eating closer to 1,500. This is 1,000 calories per day below your recommended calorie goal, 7,000 per week, which is resulting in the extra 2 pounds per week above what appears to be a MFP goal of 2 pounds loss per week (4 pounds per week overall). MFP recommends the following:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb/week is ideal
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lb/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lb/week is ideal

If you are exercising, are you eating back your calories as MFP recommends?

You also mentioned having trouble keeping it off in the past. Overly strict diets often result in rebound and regaining of the weight. Slow and steady is our best option for keeping it off. No, it doesn't give us the quick results we like to see, but it does give us the best training for maintaining and keeping it off.

Highly recommend being under a doctor's care and supervision.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's vacation, enjoy yourself