20 lb loss but lost huge ant of muscle and no fat. PL HELP

Options
Im 5 ft 7 inches female, 44 yrs, lost 20 lbs last yr in 4-5 months by eating clean, maintaining same amt of exercise. I started at 203 lbs and went down to 181 lbs. My protein was 100 gms, carbs 70-80 gms and rest fat. I was at 1300-1400 cals. I worked with a nutritionist who used one of those weighing scales that gives fat%, lean body mass% . I had101-104 lbs of lean body mass, 44% fat last year. I got down to 40% fat.
This yr my protein intake has hone down to 60-70 gms, carbs went u to 120-130 gms mainly because I started eating less meat and more vegs/friits. My wt came bck, I’ve gained 9-10 lbs back. Shockingly when I stepped onto the same weighing scale it showed my lean body mass at 80 lbs, fat at 44%!!!
Holy cow, I lost 20 lbs of muscle.
I have decided to go bck to my old eating incorporating 100 gms of protein, if its animal protein so be it. I really need to lose the wt and some more. My goal wt is 150-160 lbs.
Any tips, suggestions on losing weight on a calorie deficit and also building muscle? PL Help

Replies

• CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Ignore impediance sacels as @MikePTY has already said. DEXA scans are the "gold standard" however a seven-point caliper test performed by someone competent can get you close enough to a DEXA's results for a lot less money.

As for retaining and building muscle mass, this requires resistance training of some form.